Pets and hot weather

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

debsmg

So I am at Carlsbad NM with plans to go to the Caverns which is 28 miles away. This campground has decent ratings compared to most in the area and is why I chose it. Shortly after I hooked up my RV the power went out. The breaker had went off. So I turned everything off but fridge and AC and 10 minutes later power out again. Maintenance came out and first tried to tell me it was RV problem but I insisted it was breaker issue. He changed the 30 amp breaker and it has not lost power since but I lost all confidence leaving my pets in RV while I go to Caverns. I have a monitoring device but by time I would be notified and get back the critters could be in serious trouble. A lady I was chatting with this morning thought I was crazy for deciding not to go to the caverns. There are a lot of long term workers who leave their pets without issue. What do others do? I have 2 cats and a dog.

The cats are not an issue. Domestic cats are all descendants of cats that lived in the Sahara Desert. It is why they bury their poop in sand. I live with three cats and on a hot day they are comfortable, on cold days they are not comfortable. The dog, however could be a problem. Dogs overhead since they don't have sweat glands. If you Google pet sitting Carlsbad Caverns you will find the web sites for several pet sitters in the area. Dogs have been around a lot longer than air conditioning, but not locked in a vehicle parked in the hot sun.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
David W.
Back
Top Bottom