1994 Pace Arrow brake fluid reservoir

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bob1553

The dashboard brake light came on and my first thought was to check the fluid level.  However, I cannot, for the life of me, find the reservoir.  I have been told that it is only accessible from underneath somewhere around the left front wheel well.  Can anyone help me find it?  The location seem like the most illogical spot in the world, but I can't find it under the hood.  Thanks for any help.

With the steering wheel cranked to one side, you can reach up from the wheel well and remove the cap on the reservoir (working somewhat blind). One caveat, don't totally fill it; The cap has a rubber boot protruding into the tank, and you'll have fluid spilling out when you replace the cap. Don't ask how I know this  :-[

Thanks for the quick response.  I assume I crank the steering wheel to the right, but is there a way to identify the reservoir itself? I've crawled underneath, and all I see is a lot of dark hoses and metal.  I hope this doesn't sound too stupid.  I just don't want to be crawling around under there all afternoon.

Crank the steering in the direction that gives you the most room to get in behind/adjacent to the tire. I seem to remember being able to sit in there, and used to just run my hand/arm up until I found it. (I could see it if I just looked up without my arm being in the way). It looks something like this.

it sits almost directly below the driver seat. if you bend down and look over the top of the tire you can see the top of it. i seem to remember a flashlight helped a little

I FOUND IT! The biggest problem was removing the lid.  At first I couldn't figure out how to pour in the brake fluid. Then I had the bright idea of using a hand held siphoning pump to transfer the brake fluid from the bottle into the reservoir.  IT WORKED!.  Then I had to put the lid back on.  And yes, it did drip on my head.  Thanks for all the feedback.  It all helped.

Glad you got it figured out. It has been many years since we owned a coach on that chassis, and I was relying on my poor memory.

Back
Top Bottom