Guns - the rest of the story

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
steveblonde said:
by the same token

lets start a new thread about "what type of sex do you like to have in your rv"

many people like to rv and many people like to have sex - still not appropriate

We seem to have a whole section here devoted to such topics as photography, fishing, making music, and misc. hobbies.  Perhaps you could explain to me what makes them "appropriate" topics of discussion here?  I'm trying to understand your logic.

Oldgator73 said:
Our little TT is all purple and pink shag with a small disco ball. We have matching handcuffs. We tried this theme in a tent but quickly found that with any light in the tent silhouettes were quite visible from the outside. We enjoyed over 57 different positions until we discovered the missionary. Now it?s more than 58. We don?t own guns only because we are copious drinkers and the two do not seem to mix well.

I think I camped next to you one time, back in the tent days.

Optimistic Paranoid said:
We seem to have a whole section here devoted to such topics as photography, fishing, making music, and misc. hobbies.  Perhaps you could explain to me what makes them "appropriate" topics of discussion here?  I'm trying to understand your logic.

the simple reason is too many overzealous people wreck it for everyone else ( i am neither pro or anti gun as i have 3 kids in the military) too many people try to shove their political views and interpretations in with legal rights etc (or what they think are )with the responses.

dont get me wrong im all for opposing views and learning something new - but i come here to this forum to stay away from all the political crap. This forum is meant to be about rv's which for me is about fun and leaving all that other crap behind just  like the home when i go away for the weekend

[quote author=Memtb]I ?really? wish that we weren?t ?REQUIRED? to read each post on all topics....if we ?only? had the freedom, to pass-by the subjects, that we are ?not? interested in or offended by!
[/quote]
You choose which topics to read messages on, and have the ability to mark all others as 'read' without actually reading them. You can also choose which message boards you have no interest in reading. Similarly, you can choose which member's messages you don't see. The last two are handled through your Profile.

Tom said:
You choose which topics to read messages on, and have the ability to mark all others as 'read' without actually reading them. You can also choose which message boards you have no interest in reading. Similarly, you can choose which member's messages you don't see. The last two are handled through your Profile.

?Pre-xactly?, what I was ?trying? to imply!

xrated said:
Guns, as they pertain to RV owners and whether or not they choose to have one as they are traveling, in my opinion is a topic that should be allowed to be discussed here.  Most of these threads initially involve someone wanting to know the legality of bringing a gun with them when travelling, usually state to state.  Unfortunately, many times the theme or topic of that thread evolves into a discussion about pro gun vs. anti gun which of course then becomes a discussion about politics or even a person's view of the morality of carrying a gun....which then gets the thread closed.

To many of us, taking a gun along for personal protection is as much a part of "going camping" as making sure you have a spare tire, plenty of fuel, and everything you need for the trip.  In most gun owner's eyes, having a gun with you is analogous to having insurance for yourself, your truck, and your trailer....or coach.  You always have it, but you also hope you NEVER, EVER need it!  If those folks that DON'T feel the need to own or carry a weapon would stay out of the thread instead of preaching the "evils" of gun ownership or carrying, the thread would most likely continue along with folks sharing their knowledge about gun laws and restrictions in certain place/locations AND, more importantly, the thread would become a source of information for those that need or want it.....instead of a political discussion or a morality discussion.  If someone started a thread about how to repair a problem with their diesel engine in their truck, should that turn into a discussion about "what's the best engine for my tow vehicle....gas or diesel" which then might become a discussion of "why is diesel fuel so expensive" which then turns into "the Democrats or the Republicans are responsible for that....it's Obama,'s fault"!  You see where I'm going with this?  My suggestion is this.....if you have ZERO information about the topic at hand....guns, diesel engines, electrical repair, UFOs......stay out out of the thread instead of posting crap that is off topic AND will cause someone to take the bait and respond and cause a once legitimate thread to spiral down the drain and get locked.

I like your style.  :)

Oldgator73 said:
We tried this theme in a tent but quickly found that with any light in the tent silhouettes were quite visible from the outside. We enjoyed over 57 different positions until we discovered the missionary. Now it’s more than 58. We don’t own guns only because we are copious drinkers and the two do not seem to mix well.

oh gosh.. I will have to go see a Disney movie now to get that vision out of my mind.. LOL

Optimistic Paranoid said:
I didn't want to hijack jr brown's current thread by going slightly off track.

He mentioned that he had been trained by a retired Navy Seal.  I certainly mean no offense to his friend, but there are currently a LOT of ex-military types offering such training.  The problem can be that they've spent their entire professional lives operating under a set of Rules of Engagement that differ markedly from what we civilians can follow, and many of them are not necessarily the best people to teach you the fine points of WHEN to shoot, no matter how good they can teach HOW to shoot.
Keep in mind that many people who are very well trained are unable to pull the trigger when the chips are down.  No mater how confident or well trained you are if you can't pull the trigger you might as well not have the firearm.

Oldgator73 said:
Our little TT is all purple and pink shag with a small disco ball. We have matching handcuffs. We tried this theme in a tent but quickly found that with any light in the tent silhouettes were quite visible from the outside. We enjoyed over 57 <<<seconds of action>>> until we discovered the missionary. Now it?s <<<almost a minute>>>. We don?t own guns only because we are copious drinkers and the two do not seem to mix well.

There ya go ^^^^^ I fixed that for you!  You're Welcome!  ;D

This is an important topic.  We, most of us, travel from state to state.  Both myself and DW have concealed carry permits.  But each state is different.  Our carry handguns are not legal in the state of California, and probably in a few more enlightened states.  We hope we never get in a position where we have to use them.  But we have pulled into parks late at night.  In the morning we realize it probably wasn't the best place to be.  At sunrise we find we are in the middle of what can only be described as a white trash trailer park and some looky-loos are checking things out.  No offense.  Some of those that prefer to take from others might see a 45 ft. class A as an opportunity.  So, before entering a state and you're carrying firearms, it's good to check that states list of illegal weapons.  Personal protection is a very important topic and something to think about should you find yourself broke down out in the middle of nowhere and no cell service.

Photog said:
Keep in mind that many people who are very well trained are unable to pull the trigger when the chips are down.  No mater how confident or well trained you are if you can't pull the trigger you might as well not have the firearm.

and you dont know until that time arrives, an old saying "terror comes suddenly" fits well. I know of one situation where the shooter remained confident and took the threat head on, while his wife began screaming hysterically. At the end she was still screaming so he promptly told her to "Just shut UP"...it worked.

Photog said:

Unfortunately, the only way to really know how you're going to react in those situations... is to be in one. I have seen the tough guys lose it, and the quiet guys step up, and vice versa. Knowing something about your own attitudes and perspectives on such a situation before starting out can help, but only to a degree...

ZinLuvR said:
This is an important topic.  We, most of us, travel from state to state.  Both myself and DW have concealed carry permits.  But each state is different.  Our carry handguns are not legal in the state of California, and probably in a few more enlightened states.  We hope we never get in a position where we have to use them.  But we have pulled into parks late at night.  In the morning we realize it probably wasn't the best place to be.  At sunrise we find we are in the middle of what can only be described as a white trash trailer park and some looky-loos are checking things out.  No offense.  Some of those that prefer to take from others might see a 45 ft. class A as an opportunity.  So, before entering a state and you're carrying firearms, it's good to check that states list of illegal weapons.  Personal protection is a very important topic and something to think about should you find yourself broke down out in the middle of nowhere and no cell service.

EXACTLY!!  Well said!

steveblonde said:
by the same token

lets start a new thread about "what type of sex do you like to have in your rv"

many people like to rv and many people like to have sex - still not appropriate

I suspect the forum staff decide what content is appropriate, not you. If you don't like the subject matter, move on to a different thread.

Oldgator73 said:
Our little TT is all purple and pink shag with a small disco ball. We have matching handcuffs. We tried this theme in a tent but quickly found that with any light in the tent silhouettes were quite visible from the outside. We enjoyed over 57 different positions until we discovered the missionary. Now it?s more than 58. We don?t own guns only because we are copious drinkers and the two do not seem to mix well.

ROFLMAO  :)) :)) :)) :))

steveblonde said:
This is not a gun forum and it's not just Americans who use this forum. Therefore gun topics don't belong here. Regardless of your point of  view.

So, whether you believe in gun ownership or not, you aren't allowed to talk about owning guns?

Isn't that kind of like saying laws against gay marriage aren't biased, because straight people can't get gay-married either?

The fact is, there's a lot of countries in the world where my (Black) wife and (White) I aren't allowed to be married, but I'm not going to let those nations determine what I post online about my marriage.

There's a lot of countries where women aren't allowed to drive or go to work, but my wife does both (gasp!)

Freedom is ALWAYS worth talking about openly.

and, if you can't have sex with the lights off in a tent, you just need more practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom