Propane prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
It's 5+ miles to our nearest ACE store, so I decided to refill and buy a new propane tank locally. Safeway, adjacent to CVS, was several $ cheaper than their neighbor, so I purchased at Safeway.

Too late, I cooked on the BBQ last night. But it felt "as heavy" as replacement tanks I've bought at CVS.

We have a little 3 pound tank and a slightly bigger 5 pound tank we use for portable items. The littlest tank is short and squat - very stable. They cost a lot to buy since they aren?t sold in quantity, but I don?t regret the purchase due to the convenience.

Tom said:
Too late, I cooked on the BBQ last night. But it felt "as heavy" as replacement tanks I've bought at CVS.

Just so you're aware, many 20 lb exchange cylinders are only filled to 15 lbs. It's usually shown on the label.

UTTransplant said:
We have a little 3 pound tank and a slightly bigger 5 pound tank we use for portable items. The littlest tank is short and squat - very stable. They cost a lot to buy since they aren?t sold in quantity, but I don?t regret the purchase due to the convenience.
I have a 5 pounder and I agree, very handy. I'll probably never bother hooking to the RV tank. However, before you get it filled ask if there is a minimum fill charge - I got stung by a propane supplier the first time I filled it.

This was at our S&B house. Chris used our BBQ 20lb tank for her fire table, so I decided to buy a second tank. Now I'll be checking labels every time I get exchange/refills.

My 5 pounder cost more to fill the first time because it had to be purged. Subsequent fills have been at the going per gallon price.

Even with the 20 lb tanks from home I take them where they charge by the gallon and not a flat rate.

I find the 5 lb tank a very convenient size for the grill and didn't cost any more than all the hose and fittings I needed to get from my MH tank to where I want to use the grill.

Tom

Back
Top Bottom