Praise for Andersen Hitches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SuwanneeDave

Six years ago we bought our first travel trailer; a 21 ft. model that weighed about  3800lbs. I bought an Andersen Weight Distribution hitch because is looked to be very simple to use. That turned out to be true. Recently we went from a 21 to a 23 ft trailer which was heavier and which we picked up in North Carolina (from Savannah). I made the erroneous assumption that the hitch would work on the new trailer. Wrong! The new trailer required a 2 5/16 ball instead of a 2" on the old trailer.  Went to Wallyworld and bought a 2 5/16 ball and receiver hitch to get the trailer home. No weight distribution or sway control but everything went well and we got the trailer home. Then I ordered a new ball from Andersen. It came a couple of days later but I noticed that the taper on the ball was different. We were planning on taking the trailer on a trip the next week so I called Andersen and asked about the difference the the balls. The rep said yes they changed it a couple of years ago. He asked where I bought the new ball and I said on your website. He acknowledged that the website did not include a differentiation between the old and new ball tapers, and said he would express delivery the correct ball in time for our trip. Well it came today and we are leaving Sunday. Good customer service from Andersen.

Back
Top Bottom