2011 Journey Transfer Switch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ernie n Tara

I have a defective  transfer switch. My problem is that the switch is  twice usual price and poorly designed (allows inputs to overlap (short) in at least two cases). There are replacements that will require rerouting cables, but would apparently work. My question is whether the Generator AUTOSTART function may be integrated with the transfer function. I. e. Does the switch have an additional function to trigger AUTOSTART. That might require an exact replacement.

Thanks,

Ernie

I can't see any technical reason why Autostart would be tied to an ATS, but functions sometimes get integrated simply to make installation simpler at the factory or to gain economy in packaging.

Autostart is generally triggered by either Low DC voltage or an a/c controller (demand for cooling). The genset starts, which causes the ATS to switch (Genset has preference in an RV ATS).
Do you have the Powertec system that integrates ATS with the power center? 

Just looking at the wiring for your transfer switch, I don't see where it would accommodate the gen autostart.  You would have to rig something based on a power loss. 

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 8
I've come to the same solution. But I decided to bite the  bullet and just buy the same transfer switch - $330 and will be here next week.

Ernie

Back
Top Bottom