Generator stopped working briefly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joedetroit84

I have a 2000 Tiffin Allegro with an Onan Marquis 7000 genset generator.  Yesterday it was running and then just stopped. I tried to re-start it and it would turn over and would occasionally start but only run for 2-3 seconds and then shut off on its own. This is the first time this has happened.  It was about 90 degrees outside and I was running both A/C units as I have been testing all the systems prior to a long trip.  I've read a few previous threads that say it has an automatic shut off switch when it starts to over heat or is over loaded or both.  This morning I went to start it and it was a little difficult but it did start and continued to run for about 5 minutes until I shut it off.  My question is this..... Do I need to do anything now that this has happened such as change the oil (Which I just did two weeks ago), change the fuel filter or anything like that or is it running as it is supposed to and just leave it alone.  Thanks in advance for any info you might be able to offer.

Does your Marquis 7000 give diagnostic codes when it shuts down? Flasing the start/stop switch x number of times?  If so, your owner manual will show them. They are a huge help in determining why it quit.

I don't know if it displays codes, I'll have to look for an owners manual on-line. I don't have one. I bought it used and it didn't come with a lot of manuals. I haven't checked the oil level yet because of how close it is to the fence, but I just changed the oil two weeks ago and I haven't seen any leaks so it should be at the required level when I filled it. Yes, there is a fuel filter

Have a friend who changed his generator oil over to synthetic oil and his did the same thing. He changed it back to regular oil and fixed the problem.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom