Water Pump Troubles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chuckflstc

HI All.

Well I've used up all of my ideas......none of them seemed to work.

My outdoor shower was spraying out of a small hole, which I now know as a "vacuum breaker"

I replaced all the outer tap assembly...shower now works fine  :)

Except  :mad:

My water pump now cycles on off on off while "ANY" faucet is turned on. The toilet makes it run continuously until you let go of the handle.

I have to say I really don't recall how the pump acted before I did my backyard fix, but I can say it is now annoying where I never really noticed it before. So something has changed but what?

I tried to attach a small video...didn't seem to work. But I can send to an email.

Thanks for any and all suggestions

Regards
Chuckflstc

That's the way it's suppose to work. As soon as you start drawing water from a faucet, the pressure drops in the system and the internal pressure switch inside the pump tells it so start. When it get's up to a preset pressure, it tells it to stop.
One thing, is it possible you have a lot of air trapped in the system? This will cause the pump to run longer because it has to compress the air before the pressure rises to the preset pressure.

Hi Rene.

Yes I agree. (somewhat)
However something has changed as It is now annoying, when it never seemed to before. Which leads me to believe the cycles were longer than they are now.

it cycles every second continuously.
I'd rather have it stay on while in use.

I do have a video of it.
Cheers

chuckflstc said:
Hi Rene.

Yes I agree. (somewhat)
However something has changed as It is now annoying, when it never seemed to before. Which leads me to believe the cycles were longer than they are now.

it cycles every second continuously.
I'd rather have it stay on while in use.

chuckflstc
Consider adding an accumulator tank into your fresh water system....See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcLgcDNzgCs

The accumulator mel mentioned will alter the cycling. You may also be able to adjust the pressure threshold of the pump (not all models have a way to do that).

It does not appear you altered anything to change the cycling from what it was previously, but i guess that is not germane. Annoying is annoying, regardless of history.

Well I think I found the trouble.

I don't exactly know what it was, but the fix came after I opened and closed the valve on the winterizing tube...I turned it open then back closed while the pump was working..then from there on in it has been working just fine.

An air leak maybe?
or valve was not completely shut to begin with?

who knows, but i'm happy now  :eek:

cheers

Back
Top Bottom