Mobile Home Warning Light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK, I saved the PDF that was sent to me and is shows the position of the front sensor.
Searching on line I could find nothing on the front sensor. Lots of info on the output shaft sensor.
Is there any chance Ford used the same sensor in both places?
Thanks

mudshark said:
OK, I saved the PDF that was sent to me and is shows the position of the front sensor.
Searching on line I could find nothing on the front sensor. Lots of info on the output shaft sensor.
Is there any chance Ford used the same sensor in both places?
Thanks

You might check with your local Ford parts dept, but according to RockAuto.com, the same sensor is listed for both applications.

Seeings we've both got the same coach, I might tell you to Google "Ford F53 oil in coolant".  There was a recall on the oil cooler, which can allow engine oil to leak into the cooling system.  My coach was just a bit too new to fit the recall, so I had to pay the replacement cost of the cooler(and several hours of shop time at two different shops to get the oil flushed out of the cooling system).  Maybe your's was built a bit before mine and you can get it done for free.

Thanks Old_Crow
Before we left on this trip I had the oil, filter, radiator flush and tranny fluid changed by a very reputable shop in Massachusetts. If I had that situation I am sure they would have said something. Perhaps it was done by the previous owner, But forewarned is forearmed. I will check into it.
Thanks!

I thought of one more question.
The position of the input sensor looks like it would be easier to get at under the "dog house". Having never had reason to take one off before, what should I expect if I do so. Anything to be aware of, problems I may encounter?

Hadn't really looked at the top of the trans through the dog house(and I've got too much crap piled on it to deal with right now), but judging by pictures of the sensor, you remove the clamp bolt and wire connector and the sensor should pull right up out of the hole.  Since it's on top of the transmission, I wouldn't expect much fluid to come out when you pull it.

Thanks Old_Crow
Sorry for the delay. I stopped at a Ford dealership and talked to the parts department. They looked up the situation and Ford says there are two sensors required and it does not specify two different part numbers so the parts guy and I assume that the same part goes in both locations. I just got the second one from Amazon this afternoon. We are moving again Saturday morning. Not sure I will have time to put it in. Will let you know.
Jim

Back
Top Bottom