TV low volume

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mudshark

Hi All
We updated the TV in our 2000 Bounder to a Visio 20 inch flat screen and a Sony DVD player.The volume is kinda low when we are watching a DVD. I haven't figured out the regular TV situation yet. There is a push button antenna/VCR/TV box and an EZTV thing that is always lit up and the original VCR all matched up together somehow.

Does anyone have any ideas on boosting the audio from the DVD Player?
Thanks
Jim

How is the DVD player connected to the TV? It should be with an HDMI cable. If you are doing it any other way then you should switch to HDMI.

Hi SeilerBird
We used the 3 colored plugs at home and it worked fine. Here it may be different. I think I have an HDMI cable in the tool compartment outside.
It has been raining here for two days and the pad is all mud. I will have to wait till we get towards Gettysburg. But I will give that a try.
Thanks!

A lot of flat screens have the speakers in the back. The volume could be louder outside than inside. If that is the case, you may have to add a sound bar.

Sound bars have a built-in amplifier. I just installed one in our motorhome bedroom. The TV was louder outside the bedroom than inside, and was impossible to hear at all with heavy rain hitting the roof.

I mounted it above the bed and snaked the power cord inside the wall. The sound bar has Bluetooth, so I put a Bluetooth transmitter on the TV instead of running a speaker cable across the room.

Back
Top Bottom