MNMindbender is new and seeking advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MNMindbender

From MN.  Active camper and RVer for years.  Just got an old 1993 Nap and Snap camper trailer to pull behind my FJ Cruiser.  The S&N needs major rebuild so I'm beginning a major remodel. Snap and Nap is a very unusual creature/trailer with both ends of trailer pulling out and up to create a hardtop and hard-sides all around the bed extension - a great idea for security, but poorly made.  It is no wonder the company died after 3 years.  Overall, I have not done much with camper remodels, but comfortable with electric/plumbing/framing/finishwork.  I like jumping in and learning. I am hoping to find advice on plumbing, electrical (110V, Solar, and 12V), propane schematics for the camper so my learning curve is not all trial and error.  If you have done such a project or willing to give feedback on a schematic, see below. Drop me a note/reply/etc.  Thanks,

The attached Electric Schematic is a rough outline of the wiring as I think it is done.  I like overkill on shutoff switches.  The Power Controller has the multilevel battery charging and connections for batteries, solar, and 110.  There are a number of circuits that run off the Controller - 110V and 12V.  In addition to the Appliances listed there is a stove that may use 12V to ignite the propane burners, but most likely one of those friction type igniters.  The water heater has an igniter for propane but the furnance uses a pilot light (older unit).  There are several circuits for lights (inside & outside) for both the LEDs and 110.  Also the outlets for both 12v and 110.  I have a 1200W inverter that I may or may not find a place for in the system.  Other circuits include electric flush for bathroom.    Please take a view and I will accept critics, suggestions, and questions.  Thanks again!

Attachments

• Electric Schematic v1.odt
    25.2 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom