Repairing Hydroflame furnace FA-7615

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

andonso

I have an 88 Okanagan Camper Van with a Hydroflame FA-7615 furnance, that isn't putting out heat.

I pulled the FA-7615 out and disassembled and then cleaned up the dust and dirt using a pressure washer.

The burner and igniter appear to be in good shape. Both appear to have had little use, however due to it's age there is some rust and corrosion that appears can be easily wire brushed.

I'm ready to reassemble and diagnose the reason for no heat, but would like to first replace the combustion hose and the gasket material around for the igniter and burner.

The combustion hose measures 1.25" x 12" long and is made from some sort of cloth fiber material with a metal wire support inside. The hose material tore near one end when removed and the internal wire is rusted so I would like to replace it with a new combustion hose.

I would also like to replace the fiber insulated gaskets with foil backing  used for the igniter and burner.

However so far no google or part search has turned anything up. I'm certain there must be some sort combustion hoses approx. the right size out there. The gasket material I've seen before used with furnaces and other equipment where  high temperatures  are involved.

Most likely the original gasket material is  made from asbestos and have since been replaced with newer non asbestos gasket materials.

https://s25.postimg.cc/4ww2sb7jz/DSC_0004.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0004x[1].jpg
    DSC_0004x[1].jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 5
Does "no heat" mean the LP burner doesn't light and heat up?  Or that the heat doesn't get circulated outside the furnace body, e.g. fan doesn't run or some such.

I think this Hydroflame service manual would cover the FA76xx series. Skip over the FA72 and go to the section on FA7600:

http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/FA7200.pdf

Back
Top Bottom