AC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barry J

I was fooling around with the lights in the bedroom, which looks like it is on the DC circuit, i blew a 15 amp fuse. But at the time the AC was on, and i lost power to that when thefuse blew. The breaker for the AC was not tripped. So I wired off the lights so they wern?t in the circuit, and replced the fuse, and the AC came back on.
I don?t understand, I thought the AC was protected by the breaker labeled AC, not the blade fuse (15amp) labelled bedroom

The coach A/C needs 12 vdc ...... for the control circuitry.  Different than your house....it uses 24 vac for the control circuitry ..... which it gets from a small step-down transformer (120 vac to 24vac).  So now you know of at least 2 items that are fed via that 15 amp fuse in your coach. lol

Safe travels...... ed s

Rene T said:
I thought the RV thermostats were all 12 Volt DC.  ::) :-\

I believe acman was referring to house ACs that use a step-down transformer

He was indeed, but...  the OP was talking about a "blade fuse" which, if I understand it correctly, would be found in an RV, not in a home setting. The "blade fuse" in question would have been 12V and powering the thermostat as well as the lights he was working on. youracman was correct but he was only making a comparison between a home system (24VAC) and and RV system (12VDC). 

Barry J said:
I was fooling around with the lights in the bedroom, which looks like it is on the DC circuit, i blew a 15 amp fuse. But at the time the AC was on, and i lost power to that when thefuse blew. The breaker for the AC was not tripped. So I wired off the lights so they wern?t in the circuit, and replced the fuse, and the AC came back on.
I don?t understand, I thought the AC was protected by the breaker labeled AC, not the blade fuse (15amp) labelled bedroom

Barry J
I suspect that blowing the 15 amp fuse labeled bedroom cut the 12VDC power to the A/C thermostat.

Rene T said:
I thought the RV thermostats were all 12 Volt DC.  ::) :-\

Rene T
You are correct...A blown 15A fuse in the 12VDC circuit powering the A/C thermostat will result in a non running A/C unit.

Back
Top Bottom