Replacing the Basement A/C Unit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Duner

I saw this info on another forum and thought I'd give you folks a heads-up.  He found a brand new unit on Amazon with free shipping for $2569.  When I looked it up I see it's purchased directly from Coleman, that's good for follow on support.

https://www.amazon.com/Coleman-46515-811-Central-Unit-Heat/dp/B00QMKY76K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1529940808&sr=8-1&keywords=46515-811+ac+unit&dpID=41i8YSPO3uL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

On Amazon, I see questions and answers from Coleman and the rep posted her phone number to help you get the right model for your Winnebago...... that's great!

Also, when you do change it out, be sure to check for any leakage around the duct work inside the rear cap. They are notorious for separating at the seams as the old aluminum tape adhesive dries out. Look up in there with an infrared temp gun, that seems to work pretty well. Or if you're in a real humid heat, you'll see moisture around the leak.

Happy Trails,
Bill

I replaced mine in 2016 ... this same unit. First talked with RVP Coleman in Wichita KS to confirm that new direct replacement model for my original 6535A871 is 46515-811. They said they did not sell direct, that I needed to find a dealer. My local RV dealer that has done grossly incompetent work on my coach a couple of times quoted it to me at $2,999.  I got it from DyersRVOnline.com for $2,280.00 full price, free shipping. Ordered 26 May, arrived 2 June.

I R&R'ed the duct work while I had it out ... had done some re-taping in the past but did a much more extensive re-do while I had better access.

Back
Top Bottom