surge suppressor upgrade 2013 42E

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mile High

Replaced my OEM Transfer Switch and "Limited" sure protection Surge Guard 41260 with the latest Surge Guard 40350RVC that is full surge suppression.  Also installed the remote readout that was fairly simple on mine to do.  I now have all the surge features I should have had to begin with. :)

Attachments

• DSC01992-1.jpg
    DSC01992-1.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC01993.jpg
    DSC01993.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 18
The only thing that set me back was the new transfer switch only accommodated 1 #6 wire on the load side per lug, and of course Winnie has two neutrals jammed into the same lug.  I could not get the 2 in the lug reasonably, so I had to get a old fashion lug and pigtail in a single neutral.  Beyond that the switch was a direct replacement, including the mounting holes to the chassis and grommet connectors through the can.  I just used the original grommet connectors as they were a direct fit. 

On the 42E, the control center is more or less above the inverter, so chasing in the remote wire with a fish tape was pretty easy.   

Attachments

• DSC01991.jpg
    DSC01991.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 17
Looks like a nice install Brad. It's reassuring to hear you say you were able to fish wires up into your One Place center. I tried installing my Trimetric there, but could not find access from underneath, and I didn't want to start tearing the roof apart. I even waited until dark and had my daughter shine a bright light up from underneath, but I couldn't see a single ray of light. There's room to mount things in the One Place cabinet, but for the life of me, I haven't been able fish any wires into it.

Kev

That's interesting Kevin, I wonder why they are so different.  All of my wiring runs down through a boxed out raceway that opens on top of the water tanks, then follows the upper frame over to the inverter and such.  Does your wiring go up from the control station?

Attachments

• DSC01972-1.jpg
    DSC01972-1.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 20180621_163018.jpg
    20180621_163018.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 11
All the wires in our One Place panel go down, and exit somewhere I can't see - even with an inspection mirror and a flashlight. There's surely an entry/exit point somewhere, but I haven't found it... yet.

Kev

Back
Top Bottom