Just used Eternabond tape for the 1st time.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rene T

Site Team
Just used it for the 1st time and it was kinda a PITA until I got the hang of it. This stuff is real sticky and it does stick real good as long as the surface is clean and there's no silicone. I wanted to put one length across the front cap seam, but being alone, that wasn't going to happen. I ended up installing two 3 1/2' pieces. 

I read someplace that this stuff is warranteed for 10 years. If I ever wanted to remove some for whatever reason, how would I do it?

I've found that removal of Eternabond is made a little easier by using more Eternabond.  Make a wad of Eternabond (roll into a ball) then use it to stick to and pull off old Eternabond. When you pull it, pull it quickly.

Rene T said:
I read someplace that this stuff is warranteed for 10 years.

The Eternabond on my front and rear cap seams has been in place for nearly 8 years and looks nearly as good now as it when it was installed.

garyb1st said:
Rene, why not pull a few inches of tape from the roll, place it on one end of the seam, then unroll it as you move across the seam?

That is what I did on a run longer than a few inches, works like a charm.

garyb1st said:
Rene, why not pull a few inches of tape from the roll, place it on one end of the seam, then unroll it as you move across the seam?

That's a thought but I would probably still screw it up. I'm nearly done anyway. I had to order another 20' roll and I only have about 2' left of my 2nd seam. Then I'm going to tape around the bathroom skylight and maybe all the tank vents.

Rene,, use a small wooden hand roller to roll it down with more pressure than you can apply by hand, don't damage the top layer of covering that protects the glue part.>>>Dan

Utclmjmpr said:
Rene,, use a small wooden hand roller to roll it down with more pressure than you can apply by hand, don't damage the top layer of covering that protects the glue part.>>>Dan

I did use a roller used for installing Formica.

Back
Top Bottom