CG in Denver area

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dblocker

I will be in north Colorado in late July and would like to extend my  stay for a couple of weeks.  Looking for CG in greater Denver area.  Also any must see places in that area.  I know its late, but I may get lucky finding a place.

Are you looking for commercial camping or boondocking?

There's a KOA just outside Central City about 30 miles west of Denver with easy RV access.  There's Base Camp at Golden Gate Canyon a few miles north.

Golden Gate Canyon State park has RV spots, but I'm not sure about hook-ups.  Reverend's Ridge is a nice area.

There are three N.F.S. camp grounds along Peak-to_peak highway running north out of Black Hawk that can all accommodate RV's

Lastly, there are N.F.S. dispersed camping spots in the area west of Peak-to-Peak.

There are a few N.F.S. dispersed camping areas and a few camp grounds all along the Guanella Pass road from Georgetown down to Grant, CO.  Although Georgetown is about 40 miles west of Denver.

Cheers,

Dan K.

The only places in the Denver area that I know anything about are state parks, St. Vrain just east of Longmont, Chatfield southwest of town and Cherry Creek southeast, near Centennial airport. All are decent, but weekends and holidays are filled up almost as soon as reservations are allowed, six months in advance. Weekdays (Sun. nite to Thu nite) there are often openings.

Looking in Allstays Camp & RV there are several commercial campgrounds around but some don't seem great. There is the Denver Meadows RV Park in Aurora (east) which might be worth looking into, and perhaps the Flying Saucer RV Park in Englewood (south), as well as the Dakota Ridge RV Park in Golden (west) which has a max length of 45 ft. There's also Barr Lake RV Park in the Brighton area (northeast), near Barr Lake.

I know absolutely nothing about these commercial parks, but the ones I listed are ones that the Allstays listing looks OK, so I would check on them if I were needing a place here.

Winding river resort, It?s a couple hours fron Denver, but a GREAT campground, just on the outskirts of Rocky Mtn National park. I have used both spots 11 and 13 after scouting the place.

http://www.windingriverresort.com

Winding River IS a great park, but it's not very handy to the metro area that the OP asked about. Perhaps dblocker will clarify what they're after.

we are looking at one day in the metro area and three or four sightseeing mountain stuff.  thanks for the input.

Back
Top Bottom