Life preservers for pets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Our two doggies had outgrown their life preservers, so we thought about a hand-me-down for the smaller dog and bought a new one for the larger dog. Chris felt that the new life preserver was such a better fit and provided better protection for the older dog that she had me order a smaller version for the small younger/smaller dog. Here's what we bought in two different sizes and colors.

A couple of days ago Chris was swimming in the bay behind the house when Gabby (the Momma) jumped in. Fortunately she (Gabby) had a life preserver on. Gabby spotted a duck and chased it around the bay (to play) until she finally figured out she couldn't keep up. By then she was tired, and the life preserver gave her the necessary floatation to regain her breath and her stamina.

Meanwhile Zoey (the daughter) wouldn't get in the water and, when I tried to encourage her, she panicked, backed up, and fell off the dock. The life preserver kept her afloat until I could pick her up.

My son has a life jacket almost just like that for his dog, a 60 pound golden doodle. She loves water and is a great swimmer, but he used to canoe in really cold waters. The jacket is a good thing in case the cold sapped her strength too much. He also liked the grab handle to put her back in the boat since she liked going overboard a lot! She is now 15 years old, very old for her type, but still in good shape.

We have a PFD for our Cavachon. He likes to chase balls in any water. The PFD allows him to play longer and makes it easier for me to grab him out of the water when we?re done and he isn?t. ?

Attachments

• 81E14D0F-9F10-4181-896C-D1275C9CDAE6.jpeg
    81E14D0F-9F10-4181-896C-D1275C9CDAE6.jpeg
    114 KB · Views: 16
His majesty Boudreaux  has a life jacket because he likes to jump out of the boat to chase birds. He will get all excited when the jacket comes out, he knows fun is at hand. The handle on top is an easy way to place him back in the Kayak.

Attachments

• captain Boo Eufaula.jpg
    captain Boo Eufaula.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 11
A prior dog believed that our dingy was "her boat". Initially, while afloat, she'd get me up at the crack of dawn on the pretense that she needed "to go", and I'd take her to shore. When she didn't "do" anything, I finally figured out that she just wanted a ride in the dinghy. Having got wise, I'd wait until 8:00am to go to shore. Problem solved.

Back
Top Bottom