Surround Sound Buzz

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JTsBoss

So I have looked and seen a few issues like mine but not quite the same. I have an 02 Adventurer and its mostly all original. While camping last week I turned on the TV and when I flipped the switch to "TV" for the surround sound I had a very bad and annoying buzzing sound. It doesn't happen on radio. The radio plays though the sound system just fine.
I do not have an Inverter because it died years ago. This happens on both shore power and when the gen is running. What do you think?
I would like to change out to a flat screen so if this is a good reason to do it I think its time.
Thanks
JT

We had the same problem in our 2005 Winnebago Voyage.  After changing out a couple of the speakers with no change, we ditched the OEM amplifier, and replaced it with an Yamaha unit and problem solved.  We also replace the OEM "bass" speaker it with a powered sub woofer.

So it could be the amp your saying.  :-\ not sure where that is in mine. Must be in the dash. If that's the case wonder how i'm going to put a replacement in there.

If the surround sound works on the radio but not on the TV, it's not likely to be the amplifier.  More likely is a ground loop between the 12 volts feeding the amplifier and the AC feeding the TV.  Both the AC ground and the negative 12 volt lead connect to the vehicle chassis, creating the ground loop.

Try one of these between the TV and surround sound before you replace the amplifier.  Plug it in between the jacks on the rear of the TV and the audio cables going to the surround sound:

https://www.amazon.com/Isolator-BOSS-Audio-B25N-Systems/dp/B000LP4RMG

Many of us here have changed out glass monsters for flat panels and modern amplifier-receivers. Search in this Winnebago board for TV and on my website (link in my signature) I have an article detailing my project when I overhauled our AV system.

So thought I would let you all know what happend. On the last camping trip I was having issues getting the gen started a few different times. The house batts were very weak. I checked the date on them and they were like at 7 years old. I replaced them with two new batts and thought I would give the surround sound a try. FIXED not more buzz. So odd I can't get it to do it now. So there you have it. Check the House Batts age is one thing to look at.
Thanks for everyone's help. ;D
JT

Life span of the run of the mill wet batteries is 5-7 years, I use a white paint pen to write the date of the batteries on the top or side. Thanks for the update!  :))

Back
Top Bottom