Sewer Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iheartvols

Hey guys.  We recently transitioned from a bumper pull trailer to a fifth wheel with a bath and a half that has two black water tanks.  The salesman advised me to purchase an additional sewer hose and Y adapter, since many parks don't have dual sewer hookups (which I did).  However, I'm finding that because some parks' have non-threaded hookups the "two hoses coming into a Y adapter" setup can be a little awkward and not drain properly.  Anyone have any tips or tricks I could use?  Not a huge deal, just something that I'd like to figure out.  Thanks.

iheartvols said:
Hey guys.  We recently transitioned from a bumper pull trailer to a fifth wheel with a bath and a half that has two black water tanks.  The salesman advised me to purchase an additional sewer hose and Y adapter, since many parks don't have dual sewer hookups (which I did).  However, I'm finding that because some parks' have non-threaded hookups the "two hoses coming into a Y adapter" setup can be a little awkward and not drain properly.  Anyone have any tips or tricks I could use?  Not a huge deal, just something that I'd like to figure out.  Thanks.

Use just one hose and move it back and forth. You may have to use two hoses connected together.

Rene T said:
Use just one hose and move it back and forth. You may have to use two hoses connected together.

One valve controls both black water tanks, so that's not an option.

So do you have two dump hookups . I had the same thing in a couple different RVs and always had separate dump valves for each tank. Do you have a gray tank dump hook up and black tank hook up seperate? Just trying to understand how they plumbed it.

Hope you could follow me there. I had two hose hookups each with gray and black valves. If you have one black valve for both tanks does it also dump gray through it.

It's possible  that the 2nd tank/outlet is actually for a gray water tank.  What brand and model RV do you have?  Maybe we'll have a member with the same RV.

One valve can not open two tanks unless they come out the same pipe.  Unless you have 2 electric actuated valves with a common switch.

I suggest emptying all tanks, then running clean water from each source (toilet 1, toilet 2, sink 1, shower, kitchen, etc), and see where it comes out.  Also, see which valve controls each.  They may be mis labeled.

You said something One toilet uses a macerator pump to move stuff to the drain.

on my coach (Also a bath and a half)
The three tanks are Black, Gray and Wash (Wash is the same as gray except for NO KITCHEN SINK)

The half bath. when I finish the rebuild of it (One item left. the big one) will dump gravity style into the black tank which is slightly foreward of the toilet (Wish it was a straight drop)
The kitchen sink ahd half bath basin drain into the GRAY tank

THe 3rd tank (Wash) gets the shower and main bath basins (in short not much since I don't use those normally)

The reason you may be getting very little water... is that the water is going into a DIFFERENT TANK than you think it is

All 3 tanks have their OWN drain valves. though the GRAY and BLACK join up before you hook the hose on as well. 

NOTE: the Salesman told me Black/Gray/Black not Black/Gray/Wash.. I confirmed he lied using the methon Grasley suggested in the post just above this one.

Back
Top Bottom