AC Control Boards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Farqs

I have a 2004 Newmar Kountry Star with 2 roof top AC units by Dometic. I am having problems with the rear AC unit not working. I have completed a lot of trouble shooting and found that the telephone style cable from the Comfort Control Thermostat has 1 bad wire in the cable from the front AC board to the rear AC board. This cable is running from P2 to the P2 socket on the 2 control board.

My question is, what is the purpose or were does the cable from P1 on the rear AC control board go to.
P1 on the front AC unit connects to the CC Thermo, P2 on the front unit connects to P2 on the rear unit.

My second question is, the Dip Switches. Front AC control board, all set to OFF except no. 5 FURNACE is set to ON. On the second unit, all are OFF except no. 2, ZONE 2 set to ON. From what I have read, this should be the correct settings.

Thanks for any help.

The dip switches are set correctly.  The cable at P1 at the rear AC is not needed & you can connect the cable coming from the front AC to either P1 or P2 at the rear AC.  Is it possible the coach is wired for a third AC but it has never been installed?
It is worth noting: Dometic uses a telephone cable but they wire that cable straight through.  Each end is wired the same.  A telephone cable that is used for telephone service is wired opposite on one end of the cable. 

If you change anything in the setup of the system, you need to reset the CC Thermostat.  Hold down the top and bottom buttons while you turn the on-off switch to on. 

Back
Top Bottom