Kinda stuck in AZ.........can't find the fusebox!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikeylikesit

Started the roadtrip with a glitch.  About an hour into the trip, the instrument panel light and the odometer started blinking.  When in the "off" blink, the speedometer dropped to zero.  Also, the clearance lights blinked in unison.  In playing around with it, it seemed the headlight switch might be the offender, as I could jiggle it and things would work normally for a few minutes.  Eventually, after about another hour, it just quit working. Speedo went to "full", no odometer, no clearance lights.

The manual says fuse #5 in the fusebox supplies power to all of these things......I figure all the jiggling and blinking might have just blown the fuse.  I replaced the headlamp switch, but still nothing on these items.

Now, I just cant find the fusebox.  Found the power distribution box under the hood.  Could it be mounted to the steering column?  (there is a sheet metal cover hiding a bunch of stuff).

Any help appreciated!  96 Fleetwood 35J  Pace arrow.

thanks!

Yeah, I got that from the manual.

After playing contortionist for an hour or so, noticed a small nylon strap with a snap on it.

I didn't realize that the whole instrument cluster pivoted up to expose, yeah, the fuse box.  What a stupid place for that. I realize why, but some kind of note in the manual to that effect would have been "helpful".

Glad you found it.

I am 100% convinced that one of the two games they play at the factory is "Where can we hide stuff"

The other one is "How can we make it harder and harder to fix"

Back
Top Bottom