Accolades for the Delta Strummers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
When you're interviewed by the press, you have no idea what will show up in print. This reporter did a decent job of capturing the essence of the Delta Strummers in an article appearing in the Brentwood Discovery Bay Press today.

Tom said:
When you're interviewed by the press, you have no idea what will show up in print. This reporter did a decent job of capturing the essence of the Delta Strummers in an article appearing in the Brentwood Press today.

Nice article Tom  :))

I'm suitably impressed, Tom!  ;D  It's a very nice article and I had no idea there were now so many members.

ArdraF

Thanks. In addition to the talent and efforts of our Music Director, I believe the success and growth is partly due to the stated objectives of the group:

? Have fun.
? Play to, and include, all skill levels in song selections.
? Highlight skilled players.
? Coach beginners.
? Improve performance skills.
? Grow the band in size, subject to any cap imposed by the Board of Directors.

FWIW we've attempted to define a new max size of the band on several occasions, but raised it when we realized we were denying the enjoyment of music to a number of wannabees. As we've grown, we've had to find increasingly larger places to practice. When I started with the band, we were 9 players who practiced in a small area of a local church, then our house, the 'ping pong' room of a local community clubhouse, and currently a large common area in the community's Pavilion activities building.

We don't actively seek or pursue advertising for membership, but we've had a recent trickle of inquiries from folks wanting to learn to play the ukulele &/or join the band; 7 in the last week or so. It appears that folks have been drawn by several different factors, including the newspaper article, our web site, and our YouTube videos. I just opened a skeleton Facebook page, and I suspect that may draw a few more.

Back
Top Bottom