Tire discount via Coachnet anyone did this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DutchEagle

Coachnet has a procedure for their members to order your tires for a discounted price (Michelin or Goodyear). They also will make arrangements for installation. You have to pay the installer for the install/balancing/alignment and pay Coachnet for the tires. I figured my saving would be $480 for 6 tires. ($80 per tire)

Does anyone have experience with this offer?
Is this a good saving compared to FMCA or other organisations?

Since you didn't identify the tire size or type, or even the MSRP for the tire, how could anyone possibly give an opinion about the price?

If it's a Michelin tire, I would have to assume that Coachnet is utilizing the same Michelin Fleet Buying program that FMCA and some other groups use. In that case, the price ought to be the same.

If you want a good idea of the rock bottom price for the tire alone, check the brand/model/size on Simpletire.com.  Often small dealers say they pay more to their wholesaler than what Simple Tire charges for the bare tire.

My tires: Michelin 275/80/R22.5 XZE2 load-rating G

The FMCA Michelin advantage program indicates $570.23 Base price+F.E.T. tax
Coachnet claims a price of $510.04 does not indicate if it includes F.E.T. tax
Simpletire.com shows no price for them, you have to call (The same size XRV with lower max-load is $494)

So indeed difficult to compare this way.

This is not the answer you are looking for BUT I run Samson's on my motor home. Different size but have had them 4 years now with no problems
You can buy 6 in your size from Chicago Tire for $1551.00 delivered to your door. That is where I buy mine. They were made in Mexico and all had recent DOT dates when I bought them. Call them and they will work with you to make sure you are happy and will ship to your installer. I am happy with mine and will reorder when the time comes.
http://chicagotireinc.com/275-80r22.5-tires-Samson-GL283A-16-PR-tire/
Tire Specifications:

Speed Symbol
M
Max Speed
Inflation Pressure
Max Load Single
Max Load Dual
Load Range
H

Also find out if the quoted price includes delivery to the installing dealer.  The price may be FOB at the nearest Michelin warehouse.

Both of those prices are good ones for an XZE2 in that size, but obviously the $510 is a winner if it is apples-to-apples. 

DutchEagle said:
Coachnet has a procedure for their members to order your tires for a discounted price (Michelin or Goodyear). They also will make arrangements for installation. You have to pay the installer for the install/balancing/alignment and pay Coachnet for the tires. I figured my saving would be $480 for 6 tires. ($80 per tire)

Does anyone have experience with this offer?
Is this a good saving compared to FMCA or other organisations?

Hi DutchEagle,

Are you currently a Coachnet subscriber? I'm currently a Good Sam Roadside Assistance subscriber but need to renew soon. Coachnet is a little more expensive but if they saved me the difference with a set of tires I would go with Coachnet. I looked on their website but I didn't see any link that says what new tires would cost. If I'm just looking in the wrong spot where on their website can I look up the prices without being a member? If that's not something that is doable would you please look up the price for Goodyear Endurance 225 75R 15 E tires and either post here or PM me.

Thanks,

Dale

fdhealy4 said:
please look up the price for Goodyear Endurance 225 75R 15 E tires and either post here or PM me.

Thanks,

Dale

Hi Dale sorry for the late response. Yes I'm a coachnet member, only members have access to the pricing, however, your size tire is not offered. it goes from 16" to 17.5" and up so no 17" and the only Endurance was 22.5"

DutchEagle said:
Hi Dale sorry for the late response. Yes I'm a coachnet member, only members have access to the pricing, however, your size tire is not offered. it goes from 16" to 17.5" and up so no 17" and the only Endurance was 22.5"

Oh well. Thanks for your looking it up.

Dale

Back
Top Bottom