Airbags in my shocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dobbsjr

I am trying to learn what I can about my newly inherited Class C. Every time I walk around it, I seem to find something new. Well, today when I was changing out the plates to make the rig legal, I found that the bolts holding the plates on were actually air valves for airbags in the shocks. My dad was a meticulous note taker, but I cannot find anything about this. When I throw a pressure gauge on them, there is no reading. I have no idea what the psi should be. I know virtually nothing about the suspension. Anyone have any advice?

You will find the airbags are not "in your shocks",, roll under the coach a look at the air bags for cracks  or leaks in the bags, then apply about 40 pounds of air to test the bags.. Generally they will have about 30 to 40 in each for normal driving depending on load.>>>Dan

Those are probably air-assist to the standard leaf spring suspension. May be part of an air shock, or independent of the shocks altogether.  Some people added them to help reduce body roll when heavily loaded - the larger Class C's are typically near the limits of the standard suspension anyway. Try Utclmjmpr suggestion and see how it goes.  I would think that somewhere in the 20-60 psi range will be suitable, and more isn't necessarily better. Start low-mid range and experiment.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom