Remodeling our shower

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cerd

My wife and I were discussing the bathroom in our Class C. I have replaced almost all of the interior wall panels and ceiling due to water damage. There is little left on the inside, but we realized that we don't like the tiny sitting shower.

We would like to replace it with a larger 45 degree chamfered shower by removing the faucet, cabinet, and medicine cabinet. We will be relocating the grey water tank a foot or two to the other side of the underbelly to make room for the new black water tank since the existing shower uses an interior tank with a drain hole for the grey water from the shower into the other tank. We are keeping the toilet in the shower, but the shower itself will be much bigger.

I will be putting up FRP on the walls and ceiling, including the adjacent cabinets.

The part that I am unsure of is what to use for a pan since most residential pans are either prefab and wouldn't fit or made using materials that don't vibrate; they likely wouldn't last in an RV, would add too much weight, or both. I am leaning toward making a custom pan out of fiberglass, but I wanted to see what other ideas you guys had.

cerd said:
We are keeping the toilet in the shower, but the shower itself will be much bigger.

You must be really limited for space if you have you have your toilet in your shower. That's great planning. You could both use the same space the same time.    :eek: ::) :-\ :'( ;D
I had to. 

Its a very small class C. The toilet is currently part of the sitting shower, so we will keep it there, just moving it down lower since the shower pan if being relocated to below the floor. I will take some pictures later to help visualize it.

Does anyone know where I might by a replacement shower kit for a 1999 Fleetwood Flair 30'. I can do the replacement if I can locate a kit. 

So it only took me 2 years, but we finally have most of our shower remodel done. It tool a lot of trips to the hardware store and a lot of headaches. My wife wanted a fancy shower with glass walls, but we wouldn't be able to open the door. The pan was custom molded to fit the glass, so it looked horrible without the glass.

I ended up finding another base that was a little bigger, so I had to cut off a few inches off of one of the sides. I also added a recessed can light from Amazon for $10 and added a switch on the wall for the fan and light instead of the push button switch in the ceiling. I am actually really impressed with the light. Its so much brighter than the 3057 LEDs that I installed in the old fixtures.

I did replace the toilet with a 5 gallon Camco commode so we can drain it in the toilet at home if there is no dump station in the state forests. The old toilet developed a leak on the Sharkbite as well; contributing to the water damage so now I refuse to use them. All water hoses are replaced from the old, gray pex to the newer style pex and brass fittings.

The first picture is the reason that we ended up tearing out the old dry shower: there were broken water lines and electrical damage from mice discovered after I pulled the shower out.

The 2nd picture is about 75% done. I need to pressure test the shower head before I finish fastening the wall panels, caulk and finish the floor.

Attachments

• rv bathroom.jpg
    rv bathroom.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 35
  • rv light.jpg
    rv light.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 37
Back
Top Bottom