Overhead cab leak- 2006 Aspect

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mabgenre

I haven't found this particular thread. Maybe someone can help?  I've been sealing and caulking and discovered a leak somewhere in the truck cab. In the photo you can see the caulking in the upper space above the passenger door. I found that when I ran water in that area it leaked inside.  I have removed the old caulk with the intention of replacing but saw that there is no caulk in that area on the driver's side. Even if I attempt to caulk how likely am I to reach the affected area? Any ideas what needs to be done?

Attachments

• 0702181140_Burst04.jpg
    0702181140_Burst04.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 30
Well please ignore the photo.  I'm having trouble getting the size reduced.  The section I am trying to show is where the bottom of the windscreen of the coach joins the upper rear corner of the passenger door.  Someone put caulk or sealant in the last two or three inches of the horizontal gap. The gap increases as it approaches the windshield where water would run off the cab roof.  I have removed the chalk and realize that it is very unlikely that any caulking should have been there. But does anyone have suggestions as to locating and sealing the leak.  There is no window in the cabover.  A TV is located in that area.  The water runs down a curved seam behind the passenger seat on the inside (where the privacy curtain snaps in place.)  It could be the caulking was damming the water and preventing it to run but there is definitely an opening the water is coming through that I'd like to seal
Thanks y'all.

Please try again to post a good picture of the area in question. You can use free photo editors to reduce the size - about 950 pixels wide is large enough to see detail but not so large you need to scroll around.

I've added info - text and arrows - to each picture in an effort to tell my story.  Hope this works. Thanks again

Attachments

• Aspect 1.jpg
    Aspect 1.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Aspect 2.jpg
    Aspect 2.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Aspect 3.jpg
    Aspect 3.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Aspect 4.jpg
    Aspect 4.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 20
  • Aspect 5.jpg
    Aspect 5.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Aspect 6.jpg
    Aspect 6.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 16
We have a lot of discussions about sealants ('caulk') in this Winnie board, hit the Search button and enter sealant in the box. When you are busy sealing things, stay away from silicon 'caulk', the polyurethane based sealants are much better for this application.

Etrnabond tape is good for sealing cap to roof, sidewall to roof, etc. Dicor is the white self-leveling sealant used on the roof for sealing any penetration.

That large gap between the cab and overhead bunk is of course too large to fill with sealant. You could try closed-cell foam, either a one part or two part to fill the gap and then use a gasket (welting or cord) to trim out the gap.

Back
Top Bottom