Sources for Chevy, GMC and Dodge/Ram towing and cargo specifications

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Back2PA

Haven't looked at Dodge/GMC yet but I'm have trouble finding weight specifications for Chevy. Ford has a chart online for every year truck - how much cargo, fifth wheel towing capacity, GCWR etc based upon engine, gearing, cab size etc. Not finding a similar Chevy source, just third party sites with less than complete (and who knows how accurate) info. With Ford it's the #2 hit every time I search, with Chevy I have yet to find it.

Chevy only puts up their current year tow guide. GMC too, but quite a few GMC dealers keep at least some older ones on their own site, and GMC & Chevy models are identical in specs.

Dodge only has the online look-up on their website, so even less helpful than GM.

Trailerlife magazine has multiple years of tow guides, but less detailed information.

Ford's great info is maintained by their Fleet Sales group, not the mainline Ford that sells through dealers.  GM's fleet sales arm doesn't do anything like that.

The load carrying capacity and towing capacity for all three is so close its not worrying about.  BTW with the diesel option GM only offers the 3.73 rear end ratio.  Both Ford and Ram have options.

donn said:
The load carrying capacity and towing capacity for all three is so close its not worrying about. 

I wondered about that. I suppose if I start getting interested in a truck I'll request a picture of the door sticker

steveblonde said:
They are all online just look for cargo tow capacities

I must be looking in the wrong places. If one just Googles "towing capacity of 2011 Chevy Silverado 2500" you get "9,300 to 10,200 lbs". NADA has only cargo, not towing, and not gearing, drivetrain or engine specific. Then there are numerous sites with non-specific info, some just telling you how to determine it once you have the weights

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom