Berkley RV homeless

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lou Schneider said:
Wearing the foil shiny side in not only allows more of the EMF forces to get through to your brain, but once they're in it will just keep reflecting back any that manage to escape.

This explains a lot

okay that's tin hats...

but explain those mind controlling Chem-trails the government is spraying all over us.  It falls on your skin and the next thing you know you're buying a Prius. 

;)

sightseers said:
okay that's tin hats...

but explain those mind controlling Chem-trails the government is spraying all over us.  It falls on your skin and the next thing you know you're buying a Prius. 

;)

The latest formulation is for Tesla. Don't ask any questions, just buy.

Lou Schneider said:
The shiny side has superior reflective properties, so you want to wear it on the outside to repel all of those nasty EMF forces away from your head.

Wearing the foil shiny side in not only allows more of the EMF forces to get through to your brain, but once they're in it will just keep reflecting back any that manage to escape.

Duh.  :eek:

Attachments

• 10712761_10202834776622660_1405075133331084502_n.jpg
    10712761_10202834776622660_1405075133331084502_n.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 1969230_10152336878923128_1766183293_n.jpg
    1969230_10152336878923128_1766183293_n.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 23
FenderP said:
"conflicting realities" oxy moron.

Sounds okay to me,      but then I was Military Intelligence.

reality is in the mind of the beholder.

Oldgator73 said:
The federal prison population alone is 184,000. Of that nearly 20,000 are in private prisons. The US has the largest prison population of any developed country in the world. So to answer your question, I would say yes, there are many folks in prison that do not belong there.

And pretty much anyone in prison would agree with you, but that isn't to say that your logic still stands.

For that, you would have to argue, and be able to show, that those for-profit facilities were able to influence the police to arrest more, juries to convict more, and judges to allow both, for your posited scenario to hold water. Lacking that, it really is more of a conspiracy theory than anything else. Which isn't to say that I agree or disagree with for-profit institutions; it is simply pointing out a logical fail...

sightseers said:
Sounds okay to me,      but then I was Military Intelligence.

reality is in the mind of the beholder.

Yes, but...

That doesn't make one's reality 'real', other than to that person, and what they believe real may not be. For instance, if a colorblind person insisted that there was no such thing as color, while correct for him/her, it would not be correct 'in reality'. That nuance is often lost on those who insist that their chosen reality is just as real as anything else; only true if actually true...  lol

Semantics and philosophy... woohoo!

:)

signcut said:
Yes, but...

That doesn't make one's reality 'real', other than to that person, and what they believe real may not be. For instance, if a colorblind person insisted that there was no such thing as color, while correct for him/her, it would not be correct 'in reality'. That nuance is often lost on those who insist that their chosen reality is just as real as anything else; only true if actually true...  lol

Semantics and philosophy... woohoo!

:)

The very first day of philosophy class my professor stated "there is no right or wrong".  So, naturally, I argued with him -it got pretty heated for about ten minutes.  He finally told me there is no way I would pass his class.  I told him there is no way I can fail it except he prove himself wrong.  I got an "A" -but we were never friends.  :D

signcut said:
And pretty much anyone in prison would agree with you, but that isn't to say that your logic still stands.

For that, you would have to argue, and be able to show, that those for-profit facilities were able to influence the police to arrest more, juries to convict more, and judges to allow both, for your posited scenario to hold water. Lacking that, it really is more of a conspiracy theory than anything else. Which isn't to say that I agree or disagree with for-profit institutions; it is simply pointing out a logical fail...

The fact that the owners of private prisons are able to lobby politicians to change existing laws, and make new laws, should be enough information that their goal is to increase income, and the way to do that is to have more prisoners, so it would only be logical that the prison owners would want longer sentences for those convicted of crimes, and more crimes that carry a prison sentence.

signcut said:

The private prison industry or for profit prisons gave more $100,000,000 to the campaign of the guy that is in the WH now. More than 65% of ICE detainees are housed in private for profit prisons. These prisons are making a tidy profit off the current immigration policies.

Oldgator73 said:
The private prison industry or for profit prisons gave more $100,000,000 to the campaign of the guy that is in the WH now. More than 65% of ICE detainees are housed in private for profit prisons. These prisons are making a tidy profit off the current immigration policies.

ICE apprehends CRIMINALS, what do you suggest we do with them?  Send them over to your house with all the homeless you are helping out?

signcut said:

I hate to be the one to defend an ACLU member....but right is right.

There was an in-depth 60 minutes show on a DOJ/FBI investigation of the corruption of many Louisiana Parrish for profit jail systems that was doing just that.

They interviewed a bread winner father/family man that was given a 3rd strike life sentence because he had a joint on him.  it ruined his wife and kids and left them on the streets.  the Parrish jails were trying to fill empty beds for federal dollars.

Oldgator73 said:

Let's not talk about those who donated money to the Clinton's either.  the Russians gave them a 1/2 million dollars for a 15 minute speech.

sightseers said:
Let's not talk about those who donated money to the Clinton's either.  the Russians gave them a 1/2 million dollars for a 15 minute speech.

That was a down payment for the uranium his not a stand by my man kind of woman "sold" them.  ;) ;)

sightseers said:

And there were also lucrative contracts awarded to private prisons under the admin prior to the current one, so let's step away from left or right re the private prison question. And please let's keep the tone even and address only the topic at hand and not the posters, OK folks?

Paul 1950 said:
The fact that the owners of private prisons are able to lobby politicians to change existing laws, and make new laws, should be enough information that their goal is to increase income, and the way to do that is to have more prisoners, so it would only be logical that the prison owners would want longer sentences for those convicted of crimes, and more crimes that carry a prison sentence.

The reality is that any group can lobby to change existing laws; that isn't proof that they do so successfully, or in this case, nefariously. Your charge is that the prisons are full because of for-profit institutions, but you are offering no proof other than your belief that it is happening. That, sir, is basically a conspiracy theory, not an assertion of logic. For instance, before there was the 'abundance' of for-profit institutions that hold about 11%(!) of the total population of incarcerated, were the existing institutions filled to a lower capacity? Has there actually been notable changes to the law, as you insinuate, or has there not, which could have significant ramifications to your argument?

Some simple questions whose answers could go a long way towards giving your position some much needed weight, or put it into a better perspective...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom