96 bounder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jaaron74

hi,
(please don't be critical on my grammar I am dyslexic)
I am a new owner of a 96 bounder on a ford chaise, I bought is for a great price it has 55k on it and everything is good for the most part.  my goal is to get this unit updated and flip it to a newer unit and just keep that going until I have a newer unit.  or should I just stick to this because it is ease to work on. ?

I took it out several time I found a few issues.
one: with shore power hooked up the AC does not fire the compressor. if I run gen it works great? any ideas? I tested voltage I have 120 on each leg and at the breaker but still no good I have a 30 amp service.

two: the jacks stop working but I have power all the way through the system.  I changed the solenoid but still not power to the hydraulic motor, and I have fluid,  I jumped the motor live still did not go on. I think its just a bad motor but open to ideas.

it has a 460 in it and runs grate although seams to lean to one side ?

ill love to redo the inside to a modern look any ideas

Welcome to the forum. My previous rig was a 94 Bounder on a Ford chassis - had some great times in it. I'm sure others will chime in on your issues.

One thing, when you are on shore power do you have power at the receptacles, microwave, etc?

I'm guessing the old Bounder has a 30A shore power system and two a/c units.  If so, only one a/c is powered at a time from shore power and there is often a switch to determine if it is front or rear that receives shore power. There may also be a switch that selects a/c vs microwave oven.  Coaches like yours often have a generator that provides two power lines, one 30A main (in place of shore power) plus a 20A secondary that can power a second a/c unit. That may be what is working for you.  Check the switches I mentioned and also the solenoids that flip to alternate power sources. Including the main auto-transfer switch that selects genset vs shore (genset if the default).

I have and older bounder and mine works the way Gary said. I have 3 position on the switch off/front/rear. When on front the ac will work on the front on shore or generator.  When on the rear both ac will work on generator but only the rear will work on shore. In the off position neither ac will kick in but they will work as fans. Make sure you look everywhere for a switch. My switch on my 89 bounder was located in one of my upper cupboards on the driver side

Gary and Quad explained it  perfectly. On our old Bounder the 20 amp circuit off generator for rear ac only. I spliced in 20 amp receptical  box into that line in the generator box. When on generator, plugged in generator. When in campground, plugged in appropriate extension cord to 20 receptical on pole. Every campground we stayed at always had a 20 amp outlet. When we checked in as a 30 amp coach, I always told them I would be using the 20 amp ALOT, but no one seemed to mind.

Back
Top Bottom