Where to buy jackknife sofa?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dfrancisgarcia1

Recently bought a Class C motorhome in need of much TLC. We removed the sofa hoping to re-apohlster but the sofa and cushions are way too far gone. Now we are in search of a new, jackknife sofa for a resonable price. I have done online searches, with prices way out of our budget ($1,000+ !?!). Any recommendations for online dealers/stores that sell sofas for reasonable price? What has been your experience with Craigslist? We are in sort of a time crunch so any advice and recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Many RV surplus stores online.  Maybe Google your area, and find one close by.  I live in Indiana, many RV manufacturers and surplus options.

I do hope you'll let us know if you find a solution.

I would love to replace our fold out air mattress sofa with delaminating vinyl with a jackknife.  I figure the jackknife would be much easier to fold out for kids to sleep on.=, and more comfortable for them than sleeping on it in sofa mode.

I looked for a bit for just a regular residential futon, but couldn't find one the right length to fit my RV.  Maybe an idea for you?  Someplace like Ikea maybe?

dfrancisgarcia1 said:
Recently bought a Class C motorhome in need of much TLC. We removed the sofa hoping to re-apohlster but the sofa and cushions are way too far gone. Now we are in search of a new, jackknife sofa for a resonable price. I have done online searches, with prices way out of our budget ($1,000+ !?!). Any recommendations for online dealers/stores that sell sofas for reasonable price? What has been your experience with Craigslist? We are in sort of a time crunch so any advice and recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

What part of the country are you in?  As mentioned there are several surplus dealers in places where RVs are manufactured like Elkhart, IN and there are RV salvage yards various places around the country.  Phoenix, Tacoma WA and Carthage MO come to mind off the top of my head.

Where are you? I have a like new jack knife sofa in storage I would give to anyone! Was removed from my Winnie 3 years ago. (Located in Panama City Florida)

Cheers

Click the Resources button above and scroll down the menu to RV parts and salvage.

Meanwhile, if you're anywhere near Junction City, Oregon Countryside Interiors used to take furniture removed by nearby Davis Cabinets, a custom RV cabinet shop, during their remodeling of RVs. They (Countryside Interiors) sell them with profits going to Habitat For Humanity. Our jacknife sofa had been used only once when we decided to remodel.

I bought a replacement recliner and theater seating from a site called RecPro.com.  They have jackknife sofas also. 
We've had them since Christmas and are quite pleased with them.  Quite a bit less expensive than Camping World or other sites.

there's a guy in Indiana that advertises in the Chicago Craigs list but not knowing where you are it might be too far for you. People are way to secretive now days

Hi whiteva, I am wondering if you may still have the jackknife sofa available.  I am currently completely renovating a 1987 Georgie Boy Encounter motorhome, and I could certainly use the sofa.  I am new to this site, and I can't seem to find the PM message option. I am in Starke, FL.

Back
Top Bottom