Camping in the winter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rails42

Hi, Last Winter we went to Fl for a couple of months and we are thinking of going to TX down by the gulf for the winter.Anyone have any pros or cons of going to either state.Thanks

Winter? What's that?  :-\

Attachments

• Winter.jpg
    Winter.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 20
I always say something similar whenever anyone mentions something called "rain", Scott.

Florida will be warmer and much more crowded, the Texas gulf coast can be highly variable in the winter (January - February) months.  Ranging from a high in the 80's to the occasional day where the temperature never gets out of the 30's just after a cold front rolls through (typically ever 8-12 days).    Of course the farther south one goes on the Texas gulf coast the milder the weather gets

Texas not as crowded as Florida.
Many Boon docking sites right on the beach in Texas
Heck you could start your beach boon docking in Louisiana in November and just move every 10 days or so till you got to South Padre.

Many camp grounds in south Texas  and I feel the rates are less than in Florida.  YMMV

We also have better food on the Louisiana gulf coast, check out options south of New Iberia, Louisiana.

Arizona is another good choice, a little further west than Texas but instead of being confined to the southern coastline and Rio Grande Valley you have nice winter weather in over half of the state.  Basically anything south of the Mogollon Rim between Flagstaff and Phoenix including the entire Colorado River Valley on the west coast.

Isaac-1 said:
We also have better food on the Louisiana gulf coast, check out options south of New Iberia, Louisiana.

Unless . . . BBQ!  I do love me some LA fried oysters, though.

Back
Top Bottom