Leaking Stabilizer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mudshark

Hi All
Had to re-level the bus this morning. Got it perfect by my level. Went out and checked how things are. Noticed the rear driver's side stabilizer is leaking enough to wet the wood block under it. Can this leak down enough to throw the level of the bus off? Where is the fluid reservoir located on a 2000 Bounder so I can check it?
Thanks

Yes it can bleed off and take the weight off that Jack. Check to see where the fluid is coming from. Is it a fitting or around the cylinder shaft. If it is a fitting or hose it may just need to be tightened or replaced. If it is leaking around the shaft the seal may need replaced. If you can't do it yourself but can find a hydraulic shop they can change it usually fairly cheap if you can take the cylinder to them. Cheaper  than new anyway.

Thanks Ghostman
It looks like it is coming from the seal. I will get under it and see if it is a fitting.

Interesting screen name. Are you a ghost hunter?

mudshark said:
Interesting screen name. Are you a ghost hunter?

Ha , No it has been a long nick name since school days. I was a all state sprinter. Growing up we tended to be mischievous and I had the ability to disappear due to my speed. hints Ghostman nickname.

I have always used it for screen names on different forums.  People tend to know me from one to another.

We stopped at an RV repair shop down the street from our campsite.
The manager told us that the leveler cannot be repaired, it can only be replaced. To me, it looks like if you take it off and get a spanner to engage the two flats on the cap, you should be able to get at the seal.

He also needs the VIN off the bus and the numbers off the leveler. 18 years have obliterated any chance of that but I could read the fronts. We have a Power Gear system and the front PN is 500384HR. Unfortunately, the rams are different front and rear.

The front ram diameter is 1.725 inches. The rears are 2.250 inches in diameter.
Anyone have any ideas? Do I have to replace the whole leveler?
Thanks

Take it to a hydraulic shop, not an RV repair shop. A hydraulic shop should be able to fix you up in a jiffy.

Back
Top Bottom