Conversion to Direct City Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MandyFarley

Hi! I am new to the group. I recently purchased a 14' 1967 Mobile Scout. I am in the (slow) process of restoring it, and have removed the water holding tank, hot water heater, oven, and all gas lines. I am converting it to total electric. Since the water is only needed for the toilet, and kitchen sink, I want to have fresh water directly from the city line. (without a holding tank) I have a general idea of what I think I need to do, but can't find any information online. Does anyone have tips, or helpful information on how to go about this the correct way? The camper did not have the ability for direct city water hookup, only through the holding tank.
Thanks!
~Mandy

I’m sorry I’m no help, but I would love to see pics of that beauty. I believe that is what my granny and pops had.

I have not gotten much done to her yet, but I think she is going to be perfect when I get finished.  :)
So far, I have removed the oven/stove, hot water tank, water holding tank, GIANT window AC, and shower. (I didn't want to shower over the toilet) The green outdoor carpet has been pulled up. I also had to remove about 15 pounds of caulk, 7 towel bars, and 23 hooks. LOL! I have no idea why you would need so many towel bars and hooks in such a small camper. I have sanded the exterior to prepare for her new paint job. I sanded and painted the tongue/hitch, and the bumper. And have started painting the interior.
Here is what she looked like when I brought her home.

Arch, Yes, I have already purchased a water pressure regulator. Thanks!

Attachments

• darla1.jpg
    darla1.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 39
Just get something like this:
https://www.amazon.com/JR-Products-9690-200-023-Water-Check/dp/B0002UHVX2
and some tubing, fittings,and crimp tool at Lowe's or Home Depot. With that in hand, you can redo your water system any way you want to meet your needs.

There is nothing special to do about using city water direct - just install an RV city water inlet (it's a standard hose thread female connector) and pressure test the plumbing (85 psi is what the RVIA recommends).  The city inlet connects directly to the internal plumbing once the tank & pump have been removed or disabled. The city inlet has a check valve that closes it off when the external hose is disconnected.  Get a potable-water grade hose and an inline pressure regulator to connect to the camp ground or home water source.

City inlet should be available at any place with RV supplies, probably even Walmart. Looks like this.

https://www.amazon.com/JR-Products-62155-Aluminum-Flange/dp/B00JPIQ85Y/

Wow!  Thanks for posting the pic. It brings back memories. My granny?s had a baby blue stripe.

Suggest you add a low point drain for cleaning and winterizing. Just find the lowest point of the water system and add a "T" with a valve or cap on the bottom.
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom