Mice and Bounce fabric sheets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mike Goad

A couple of weeks ago, when we were getting ready to travel, we discovered mouse droppings in the camper.  After researching the topic here on the forum and elsewhere, we decided to try the Bounce fabric sheets, even though I was somewhat skeptical.  I wasn't too worried as the droppings were dry and we would be  traveling.

Since we were coming up here to Wisconsin, I figured that I would ask my son-in-law about it after we got here.  He's worked in pest control for about ten years and is now the training director for a pest control company.

To my surprise, when I asked him about it, he nodded and said, yes, that it acted as a repellent, similar to moth balls.  He went further to say that it probably didn't matter which brand of fabric sheets were used.  We'll probably be sticking with Bounce.

Hmmm, maybe that's why we have no mice at the house.  The wife drops those things all over the house while doing laundry!  ;D ;D

Sounds like a person-by-person recommendation... I think in one of the other threads, the poster talked to a pest control friend who said the ultrasonic repeller products as well as dryer sheets wouldn't really do anything (I have no idea who's right).  Did your son-in-law state WHY the dryer sheets supposedly work?  Either way, for Pete's sake buy the store brand!  No reason you should be paying more for Bounce, unless the box has a claim to repel mice with a money-back guarantee if it doesn't work.  ;)

scottydl said:
Did your son-in-law state WHY the dryer sheets supposedly work? 

Didn't think to ask specifics and he's gone until next Sunday on a business trip to Vancouver, B.C.  It just came up in a discussion.  We were already using the sheets.

I'm not sure that I personally care  ;) to know the WHY that it works -- if it does.  I've just retired from a job where detailed knowledge and understanding was required and I think that for a while I'm just going to take some things at face value.  If it turns out that it doesn't work, we'll try something different.

Mike Goad said:
I've just retired from a job where detailed knowledge and understanding was required and I think that for a while I'm just going to take some things at face value.  If it turns out that it doesn't work, we'll try something different.

Congratulations on your retirment.  Now you can do all those things you have wanted to do.  However, You will now find yourself so busy you will wonder how you ever found time to go to work. ;D

Mike Goad said:
I'm not sure that I personally care  ;) to know the WHY that it works -- if it does. 

I'm with you Mike. Personally, I have not a clue WHY electricity, TV, the internet and other techno-gizmos work. And I don't care...so long as they work when I flip the switch, I'm happy. Same would hold true for Bounce .... if it keeps the mice away, right on.

Wendy
The Techno-Dummy

wendycoke said:
Personally, I have not a clue WHY electricity, TV, the internet and other techno-gizmos work.

Unfortunately, I used to have to have an understanding of electricity -- kind of a prerequisite for operating an electrical generating station.  However, I had been forgetting some of that stuff for a long time before I retired...

...and we called in the pest control contractors whenever someone saw a mouse. ;D

Mike Goad said:
...and we called in the pest control contractors whenever someone saw a mouse.

Mike,

Last night Terry saw a mouse run across the floor in our little cabin. It's the first we've ever seen in 20 summers.   We sleep in the motorhome but watch TV in the cabin while we are here in our Idaho retreat. I am really creeped out by the notion of a mouse so I have Bounce dryer sheets spread out in every area I go.  Terry set traps. Thanks for the tip  and I'll let you know how it turns out.
Betty

Betty Brewer said:
I'll let you know how it turns out.

That'd be great. 

I think we're going to be out of internet access for the next several days, so I'll check when we do have access. 

:) After going without internet for several days and putting up with intermittent wifi here and another campground, Karen is telling people that we'll be heading to Montana on our August and September trip to buy a satellite system and get some hands-on training from Ron. :)

I think the Bounce sheets can give you a false sense of being effective.  For instance, a mouse ran across Betty's floor and went straight outside, never to return.  Meanwhile Betty is lining the entire inside of the place with dryer sheets.  Later on, the mouse didn't come back so the Bounce must have worked!  Actually the mouse was gone with or without the dryer sheets.  But at least your cabin/motorhome will now smell fresh and clean. :)

Betty Brewer said:
I am really creeped out by the notion of a mouse so I have Bounce dryer sheets spread out in every area I go.  Terry set traps. Thanks for the tip  and I'll let you know how it turns out.

Good news,

No more mouse.  I don't think it was the Bounce but rather the D-Con.  However, all of the laundry has a wonderful new fresh smell to it thanks to the  new Bounce dryer sheets.  I'm going to continue to spread them out in cupboards and under beds because of the nice smell.

Betty

Betty Brewer said:
No more mouse.  I don't think it was the Bounce but rather the D-Con.  However, all of the laundry has a wonderful new fresh smell to it thanks to the  new Bounce dryer sheets.  I'm going to continue to spread them out in cupboards and under beds because of the nice smell.

Cool!  Whatever it takes.

(This campground has just installed wireless so we're not out of touch after all  ;D  )

Betty Brewer said:
Good news,

No more mouse.  I don't think it was the Bounce but rather the D-Con. 

I think it was you screaming that scared the poor thing out into the wilderness. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skinldy71
Back
Top Bottom