Help on several problems where to begin???? 1994 Winnebago Brave RQ29 P30 454

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whitlow

So I'm Vance and I live in Va. 58 years old just took a jump into a old RV!!! I bought a 1994 Winnebago Brave RQ29 with the Chevy P30 drive train. it belonged to a older couple that I knew and has not been used for several years they both died. It has 27,000 miles on it and I have gotten it running had to replace both exhaust manifolds, all the belts, ac condenser fan motor, roof ac fan motor, and all 6 tires. So here are the problems I'm working on now the Onan Emerald Plus 4BGE 4000 generator that is not running so where do I begin to get some help on this my first problem? Also my dash AC is not cooling so that is also another problem. Can someone point me to the right place to get started here on the forum?
Thanks.....

[quote author=whitlow]... the Onan Emerald Plus 4BGE 4000 generator that is not running...[/quote]
A little more info may help us provide some suggestions. e.g. Does it crank? Have you checked battery voltage/charge to be sure it can crank the generator? If it cranks, does it fire?

A gas generator that has sat in an unused RV could suggest a fuel issue. Old gas can gum up stuff in the fuel delivery.

It does not start it just clicks from the solenoid it did turn over a few times. I have charged the batteries 12.9volts and changed the solenoid still just clicking. I have looked at the trouble shooting guide also. I took a jump box to the starter and it turns over but no spark. I was thinking on just removing the generator so I can get to everything to check it out. Need help on how to get it out. What would you all do? I'm sure the carb is gummed up and who knows what else? It has 442 hrs on it. Anything else you need from me?
THANKS

whitlow said:
It does not start it just clicks from the solenoid it did turn over a few times. I have charged the batteries 12.9volts and changed the solenoid still just clicking. I have looked at the trouble shooting guide also. I took a jump box to the starter and it turns over but no spark. I was thinking on just removing the generator so I can get to everything to check it out. Need help on how to get it out. What would you all do? I'm sure the carb is gummed up and who knows what else? It has 442 hrs on it. Anything else you need from me?
THANKS
Page three of the troubleshooting guide addresses no spark.
BTW my  Onan has well over a thousand hours on it.

I was reading and if I start my engine will this help to start generator? Just wondering?  Also what type batteries would I look for if replacing the 2 house batteries? Which batteries do the starting of the generator?
Thanks

Yes starting the engine should help turning over the genny because the batteries will all be charged by the engine altenator.
Which batteries start the genny are a toss up.
With my Southwind it is the house batteries but other makers might have used the chassis batteries.
The house batteries should be 2 six volt batteries hooked together to produce 12 volts (in series). If you are a Costco member they have about the best price.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom