Painted Cabinets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DanteMc

I have a 1995 RV, it has the patterned blue fabric and brown wood with the gold trim.  Has anyone painted over their cabinets?  If so how did it look after wards?  Can you post pictures?

I am in the process of doing that right now.

I have a 1993 Itasca.

I am using Lowes Cabinet paint and it looks good. I made sure and primed the cabinets first.

Dear Miss Mermaid, a member here has a thread where she did her cabinets. Looked pretty good from what I could see in the pics.

rdennis1983 said:

I have a 1993 Itasca.

I am using Lowes Cabinet paint and it looks good. I made sure and primed the cabinets first.

Can you post photos when finished?

Thanks!

kdbgoat said:
Dear Miss Mermaid, a member here has a thread where she did her cabinets. Looked pretty good from what I could see in the pics.

Thanks!  I did a search and found the thread.  I like the contrast of the painted cabinet doors against the wood frames.  Further in the thread another member was pretty detailed on repainting.  Long but good read. 

Thanks!

Yes, restoring a 05 Coachmen that had an interior fire.

Quick orbital sander (120 gr) and used Sherwin Williams Extreme Bond Primer - finished with ProClassic? Interior Acrylic-Alkyd Enamel.

New hardware and its a beautiful transformation.

Also painted over the wallpaper, same primer and Promar 200 for color.

Attachments

• Inside looking back.jpg
    Inside looking back.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMAG2777.jpg
    IMAG2777.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 54
  • IMAG2779.jpg
    IMAG2779.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 49
  • IMAG2781.jpg
    IMAG2781.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 48
iluvspd said:
Yes, restoring a 05 Coachmen that had an interior fire.
Quick orbital sander (120 gr) and used Sherwin Williams Extreme Bond Primer - finished with ProClassic? Interior Acrylic-Alkyd Enamel.
New hardware and its a beautiful transformation.
Also painted over the wallpaper, same primer and Promar 200 for color.

First welcome to the forum.
WOW!! what a transformation. Those are the original cabinets?  Do you notice any smell of smoke ot burnt wood when it's humid?

rdennis1983 said:

I have a 1993 Itasca.

do you know whats different about the labeled cabinet paint over any other enamel?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom