1993 Fleetwood Tioga Montara - Top tear drop running lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

okjello

Good day everyone, tomorrow I tackle the problem of not have any/much power to the teardrop running lights the top front of the RV.

I was hoping someone could tell me what side of the rv the power wire runs up to them or how the wire runs up to them. I assume up the inside wall somehow? I would like to start at the power source side of the wiring in case the issue is there. I can measure about 5 volts but almost no current thinking it could be a ground issue.

If anyone has any insight that would be great!

Mark

The power for the roof top marker lights comes from the chassis 12v system so they get activated with the vehicle lights.  At a guess, the wiring would have to come from the back of the cab area and go upwards to the front roof lighting, then probably along one side of the roofline to the rear.

okjello said:
Good day everyone, tomorrow I tackle the problem of not have any/much power to the teardrop running lights the top front of the RV.

I was hoping someone could tell me what side of the rv the power wire runs up to them or how the wire runs up to them. I assume up the inside wall somehow? I would like to start at the power source side of the wiring in case the issue is there. I can measure about 5 volts but almost no current thinking it could be a ground issue.

If anyone has any insight that would be great!

Mark

Mark
Front or rear top tear drop running lights??

On the front on the overhang. I can't seem to find the wires that must go up to them. I think I will try to run new wires up and along the inside wall. I was also thinking about drilling through the marker lights to the inside and just hide the new wires with molding. That sounds extreme but will end up looking better than taking the inside panel off and trying to get it back up.

I would have liked to know where the wires fed from so I could check the connection as maybe that is all that is needed?

Mark

Thought I would add a note to maybe help someone out in the future. I decided to attack the problem from the outside rather than from inside.

attached a couple of pictures. I used sections of a 12volt led strip figuring it will last a long time.

Attachments

• IMG_0181 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0181 (Medium).JPG
    158.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0182 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0182 (Medium).JPG
    218.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0183 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0183 (Medium).JPG
    186.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0187 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_0187 (Medium).JPG