Replacing the doghouse console...what can I replace it with?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jbbrick

My Itasce Suncruiser has a worthless console, only holds 2 cups and a few pencils. Our old one had a nice wooden unit with drawer and storage space. Anyone out there that found a good replacement unit from some aftermarket company? I don't want to make one myself, there must be something that I can order and install. Thanks in advance, see attached photo.

Attachments

• 2018-07-04 19.20.17.jpg
    2018-07-04 19.20.17.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 71
I doubt you will find one. There are simply too many variations in motorhome cab-area layout to attempt to make a universal replacement, and even a universal one would be a low sales volume product (and thus expensive).  I've seen plenty of aftermarket cupholders and what not, designed to fit on top of a doghouse, but never a replacement doghouse.

There are some doghouses made for higher production vehicles (standard model passenger or utility vans). You might find something that can be adapted to fit your cab area. Ebay is one source for those.

What about something for a van or car, like this:

https://www.amazon.com/TSI-Products-57315-Powered-Minivan/dp/B003BYFTMG/ref=lp_15710141_1_13?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1530894459&sr=8-13&keywords=center+console

Purchased a used Class A.  Stepping in and out has pulled carpet away from doghouse.  Any ideas (other than replace carpet  ::) that folks use to protect that area?  Thanks~

I feel your pain about the carpet but chances are the carpet is probably really bad anyway, right? I'm ripping my carpet out of my class A and building a flat box over the top that makes it higher and more useful. Then you can buy something already on the market for the storage and cup holders etc. Go to youtube and search for replacement RV doghouse or RV doghouse cover ideas. There are SOOO many people renovating RV's now you can see what others have done.

Good luck.

I scoured the web for a replacement but found nothing I could use. I finally removed my unit, opened it up and found lots of empty space with a large steel bracket holding it together. I removed the bracket, made some hinges from webbing, found two bins that fit perfectly. Now I have the storage and kept the original style console.

Attachments

• 2018-07-11 15.46.54.jpg
    2018-07-11 15.46.54.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 39

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom