Newbies - Compare 02 TradewindsLTC to Expedition 38N - Which to buy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IkeBen

Considering purchasing an 2002 National Tradewinds LTC 7930 or a 2005 Fleetwood Expedition 38N.
Both have similar mileage and features (As far as I can tell), are clean and being offered by different dealers at close to the same price.
TW is 40', Exp is 38', but both nice layouts, TW is 330 HP. Exp is 300hp.
I have tried to read as much as I can about both, looking for owners and what they say. Pretty much everything bad about Fleetwood has been on newer models, mostly good about the '05.
While we are not in a hurry to buy, these came up and we wonder which to consider or even if to jump now.
Thanks in advance for all/anything you have to offer
Ike

Of those two I think the Tradewinds has a slight edge in specs and overall quality, but condition and state of maintenance would easily trump that. The Tradewinds model is a bit further upscale from the Bounder, roughly equivalent to the Discovery in the Fleetwood line-up. The differences in the Tradewinds are probably relatively minor, e.g. the larger engine, longer body and chassis,  etc.

I would suggest buying at east a year ahead of time, especially if offsite storage is not a major problem. You are buying a house, and it takes time to get settled in, make it "your home", fix what needs fixing, etc. Plus you need RVing expereince before you hit the road fulltime.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom