Rapid City SD - Lawyers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

currinh

Not sure where to put this inquiry. I figured more fulltimers will have run into this so I posted here.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a lawyer in Rapid City, SD? Or alternately, any lawyers to stay away from.

We need some simple documents put together. We think we need wills, advanced directive for health care, power of attorney for healthcare, and general power of attorney. Pretty standard stuff but know no-one in the Rapid City area.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

I.m pretty sure simple stuff like that could be done by forms found online.

Nolo Press (run by lawyers) has software you can download (relatively inexpensive):  https://www.nolo.com/

If you do need a lawyer with a particular speciality, call the county bar association. They'll set you up with a referral to the "right kind" of lawyer. You'll get 30 minutes or an hour of pro bono (free) consultation with the lawyer, and you'll pay a nominal ($50-$100) fee to the bar association. You can then decide if you need further (paid) help from the lawyer. I've done this in several counties and several different states. In most cases I received all the information I needed during the pro bono time, and even had one or two lawyers tell me "you don't need me or any other lawyer".

Glad someone asked and answered this as SD will be my domicile state in under 3 months.  I also need a will prepared, just copied really and SD address info put in.  I would not trust online forms as each state can have quirks of what a will or POA needs to say or what format is required.  I've seen way too many mistakes and erroneous infomation on those reg or legal web sites that claim to have info for every state. 

Back
Top Bottom