2012 Itasca Impulse 26QP priced below NADA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Birdakl

Hi all, looking for some sage advice. My husband and I are going to look at a used 2012 Itasca impulse tomorrow being sold at a consignment dealer. It has very low mileage - 7000. From the photos it looks like it probably needs new tires, has a scratch along the side, and maybe some damage on some weather stripping on the slide out. It?s listed well below NADA value and I think it?s been for sale for a year or so (not at the same place - I found an older YouTube advertisement video of what, I believe, to be the same vehicle, from last year). Other than doing a VIN search (showed 2 owners- 1 in Oregon and 1 here in TX), is there anything else I need to be inspecting closer? Almost seems to good to be true - asking price is just under $46,000. Thanks in advance

If you are thinking of spending almost 50K or an rv save yourself a lot of headache and spend a few hundred dollars to have it inspected by a professional rv inspector, especially if this is your first rv purchase.

There are so many thing that can be missed that can turn out to be costly.

As camp4fun suggests, there are many things that need to be inspected and since you are new that should be done by a professional who knows what to look for. Buying an RV isn?t like buying a car, it?s like buying a house and a car together, which multiplies the number of things to look for. This forum is filled with horror stories of people not knowing what to look for and ending up with a money pit. Also, if this unit has been on the market for a year that alone is suspect - if a unit is priced reasonably well for its condition it should not take a year to sell. Your gut is already telling you it, ?almost seems too good to be true?. That very well may be the case. Move slowly, and don?t make a decision without a thorough inspection.

And BTW, welcome to the forum.

As noted with the"too good to be true" definitely have it inspected. Especially fluid analyses. Maintenance records also. That low mileage especially is bothersome on a vehicle of that vintage. All kinds of possibilities for seals to dry up letting fluids get away or go to where they don't belong leading to very costly repairs.

And to add to the above, look in our library (button near top of page) at the "Buying An RV" section and at the "Checklists" section. There's lots of good info there.

It?s listed well below NADA value and I think it?s been for sale for a year or so (not at the same place
That and the low mileage are red flags, too, indicating possible hidden problems.

All good points made by the others. Further, I don't consider $46k to be a bargain price either.  That's about mid-range on the NADA value if the low mileage adder is ignored, and mileage is not a big factor on motorhomes (most all of them are "low" by car standards).  Given that the coach has some obvious flaws and maintenance needs, it wouldn't bring top dollar in any case.

Be aware that consignment sales are just a variant of a private sale (the sales lot is merely an agent for a private seller) and that private sale prices are typically no higher than low-retail when in average condition. Deduct for repairs and service needs. Tires alone will exceed $2500.
To better understand the equipment and options it has, get a brochure for the 2012 Impulse at https://winnebagoind.com/resources/brochure/2012/impulse_2012_bro.pdf

Thanks everyone! We went and looked at it today and test drive it. We are following everyone?s advice and hiring an independent inspector. It will most definitely need new tires.

Back
Top Bottom