Help Dometic RM 8555 fridge alarms on all modes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edistobrown

I hope someone can help I have tried everything I know. Disconnected all power, there is 12V, 120V, and gas present. I checked all fuses, replaced 12V burner. All that happens is mode flashes and beeps. Will not do anything else.

Since it won't work in either one, it appears the problem is common to both AC and Gas modes.  Some possibilities are:

1. Low voltage on the 12vdc input (12v is used in all modes to power the circuit board and sensors)
2. A failing circuit board

The 8555 is an AES model, so it has a built in service (test) mode called Service Mode AES. It also has some specific flashes (+ audio) for various fault conditons.  See the manual that darsben provided.

Thank you for your reply. I have checked and have 13.4 volts from the battery. It is very frustrating

Are you able to use the Service mode to get more definitive information that just "Mode light blinking".  Is the Fault led also on?  Can it  be turned off altogether with the Mode/On/Off switch?  If the On/Off doesn't work, I would lean heavily toward a failed circuit board, probably the "eyebrow" board that operates the display panel. The beeper is on that board as well as controls for the panel lights & switches.

I cannot get it to enter service mode. I can tell you whatever mode it is set on 12V, gas, 120V flashes with the alarm indicator seven times then the leds for the temp all flash and it beeps.

Yes. It just keep doing the same thing. I held temp button pressed power button then pressed temp again it just kept flashing same sequence.

Is there any chance it could be the 12V relay? Something about that relay has me questioning it. I will check dinosaur boards.

Back
Top Bottom