Replacing discontinued Sylvania microwave

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cindy L. Who

I have a 2009 Big Country 5th wheel by Heartland.  Recently the microwave oven bit the dust, and I was wondering if anyone has found a replacement that is close enough in size to fit the shroud that we already have?  It's a built in, over the stove Sylvania model SR11092B/SR-11092BNG.  If anyone has had success in this please let me know!  The RV sales places I've talked to want anywhere from $150 to $299 for a similar model, and that just isn't going to happen!

I don't have an answer for you, however I certainly wouldn't buy it at an RV sales place - "RV microwaves" are just plain old residential microwaves. While you're waiting to see if anyone has the specific replacement info, you might try shopping on Amazon and check the specifications for the size (would be near the bottom of the product page)

Agree with Scott. I've had to replace a microwave on our boat and in the house. In each case, I took the dimensions and went to Best Buy, and bought for a lot less than the OEM replacements. Worst case, depending on how it's installed, you might need to buy a replacement trim. But I was able to avoid that in our home by placing some pieces of wood under the feet of the new microwave, and it was a perfect fit in the original trim.

When our Sharp built-in microwave bit the dust, I took the opening measurements of the vented surround to Walmart and started measuring units on display. I found a Hamilton Beach oven that was a perfect fit and only required some minor rebending of the surround attachment straps and thin shims under the oven feet to get the level correct. The oven was on sale for $88 at the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom