Waterproof Wood Laminate flooring in bathroom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sc4668

I want to start doing some upgrades on my 5th wheel. The first thing is the bathroom. I am pulling the toilet to do some repairs and this would be a good time to change the flooring. I have seen some nice laminates installed in bathrooms. I will be taking up the linoleum and installing the waterproof wood laminate. Do I glue it down with liquid nail or let it float, I have seen both. What are the recommendation from someone who has done this. Also what about the toilet flange since the flooring will be thicker than the linoleum. Any help will be appreciated.

The joints in the laminate planking aren't waterproof unless you glue the m. Personally, I would use vinyl plank in a bath rather than laminate, but the joint problem is still the same.  It isn't as high as the laminate, though.

A bath is usually such a small area that float vs glue is of little importance.

Thanks for the info. I will look at vinyl and see how we like it. What about the height difference for mounting the toilet?

sc4668 said:
Thanks for the info. I will look at vinyl and see how we like it. What about the height difference for mounting the toilet?

If you use vinyl, it may be close to the same thickness as the linoleum so shimming may not be a problem.  The vinyl is around 1/8" thick. If anything, you may be pulling up on the flange and the tank top just a little.

Back
Top Bottom