Dometic AC issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ajvanste

Using a Dometic AC/heat punp unit installed in 2014 (sorry I don't have the model number with me).  AC runs for awhile, then stops, then re-starts withing a few seconds, with a different fan speed.  Conditions are very warm (95+degrees).  When I set the thermostat higher; i.e., 81/82, it seems to work properly; when I set the thermostat lower; i.e., 78, it runs/stops/runs/stops.  Is there something wrong with the AC unit, or the thermostat?  Thanks.

Do you have a EMS system. If so it may be kicking off and on not the AC having problem. Just a thought for starters.

Please forgive my ignorance, but what is an EMS system?  Sorry.  I'm guessing I may not have one, since I don't know what it is.    >

Not sure what type RV you have. EMS is a electrical Management system. It monitors the electrical voltage and connection. If your voltage should drop to low it will kick out. As I said not sure you have one. It is either wired into RV.or you plug it into pedstal and then your RV into it.

One of my 2012 Dometic Penguin II AC/Heatpump units started doing something similar. While the AC fan kept running, the AC would cycle on and off at very regular intervals. First, 10 minutes on, 3 minutes off, over and over, but after a week or so it was 3 on/3 off with very little cooling going on.

I ended up replacing it.

Thanks.  I will definitely have it checked/replaced after this trip.  It is working for now, with the thermostat set at 81.  Not exactly good sleeping temp, but it is better than the 95 degrees outside.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheriRv
Back
Top Bottom