adding auto level to a class c

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hello group.  I am normally posting in the 5th wheel section but we have sold our 5er and are going to a class c.  I was surprised to find out most class c do not even have auto level.  maybe i have been spoiled from our laredo but I would think it would almost be a must in a class c.  I have researched this and found that most common is the hwh or bigfoot hydraulic systems.  Does anyone have any experience with installation after the purchase.  Also, i have seen some smaller class a with a lippert electric leveling.  This is what my 5er had but to me it seems like this might be a hard job for those electric jacks.  Any info you could provide me would be great.  I just think blocks etc would get old real quick.....

Michael
Edit: Corrected subject line.

We had a class c before our current 5th wheel. I agree that the blocks get old. I added the Bigfoot 4 pump auto level system. It worked great. Not inexpensive, but seemed to me to be the best value. I had it done at Bigfoot of Florida and was very pleased with the entire process. I would use them again if I ever need.
Just my $.02.

The reason the C's don't often have them is simply price.  If a C is equipped the same as most A's, it soon becomes evident that the A delivers more value.   

The Big Foot (Hydra Mfg) and HWH aftermarket hydraulic systems are the good stuff; the electrics are cheaper but not known for reliability.  Equalizer Systems is also a top quality hydraulic system, but doesn't seem to be widely available at RV dealers shops. They do factory installs, though. So does Hydra Mfg.

https://equalizersystems.com/factory-install/

Ours came with Big Foot.  We love it.  They do factory installations.

We added Bigfoot automatic levelers to a couple of motorhomes.  We chose Bigfoot because the large "foot" plate is less likely to drop down into mud, wet grass, or even hot asphalt.  We loved them!

Re installation.  It's a big job.  We had ours installed at Quartzsite AZ.  The factory installation can be done elsewhere by their installers.  If you live in the Western US, a fellow by the name of Sergeant Major (yes, that's really his name) installs Bigfoot levelers at the January Quartzsite RV show.  He put them on a couple of our Class Cs and we recommend both him and the Bigfoots.

ArdraF

I installed Quadra's Bigfoot system on our previous Class A myself. It took me about 10 hours total spread over two days. The hardest, and longest, part was drilling the 16 half-inch holes in the frame for mounting the cylinders. The rest was pretty straight forward following the provided instructions. Our current coach is factory equipped with Quadra's Bigfoot auto-level system, and it works great.

I am in Ga.  Does anyone know some way i can find someone not to far for install that they recommend.  How much did you guys pay to have it installed?  i was told 5-6k including parts and that sounded really high to me.  That was from a rv dealership down toward orlando fl.

I had the Quadras installed on my previous class C and was very pleased with them. One thing to keep in mind though, most larger class C's are very near max weight even before adding stuff. I had to be very careful about loading and still had a lot of tire problems.

javandyke said:
I had the Quadras installed on my previous class C and was very pleased with them. One thing to keep in mind though, most larger class C's are very near max weight even before adding stuff. I had to be very careful about loading and still had a lot of tire problems.

I think in that situation, I'd go with Quadra's single pump system instead of the standard 4-pump setup. I don't know if they offer a single pump auto-level system, but if not, pushing buttons to level is still not very labor intensive.  ;)

My first thought is WHY? Thirteen years in a small class c, a set of blocking one set of aul screw stands and a small shovel.
Note I am a less is more type of man and do not like maintaining anything that is not necessary.
Might be why I is now difficult for me to find a true 21-22' over all length class c with no slides and a rear bed.
Auto level would be nice I never had a problem finding a suitable parking spot at night while traveling.
Camp site dig in high side block low side quick easy and when the high side hit the hole your home!
Safe travels.

Back
Top Bottom