Air conditioning issues help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

debsmg

So I decided today to run my generator for awhile to exercise it and had ac running. Put on a pot of water to boil for tea and forgot about it. When I remembered it I came it and shut it off and notice it was quit warm. The air conditioner was not running. It is a Coleman Mach. Water condensation was on the ceiling and i figure the ac took in the steam and shut down- it's not far from stove. I took down the filters and held a hair dryer on cool hoping that would dry it out. I checked breakers. My inverter outlets were out so I reset them. Went back on shore power. I let it set for a few hours and it still won?t come back on. Anything to do beside go to a repair center and buy a electric kettle with automatic shut off?

Thanks,
Deb

I'm not an HVAC tech but I don't know how steam from a kettle could cause the roof air to stop working. You did identify the AC breaker and flipped it off and back on, right?

Does the AC try to start or is there any sign of life? Does it have a separate thermostat or are all of the controls on the AC ceiling box itself?

Agree with John - the steam can cause extra condensation but should not affect the a/c otherwise. Hard to imagine the steam got so thick that something shorted out.  I'm thinking there is probably  simple solution, but am at loss as to what it is right now.

Odd that the inverter breaker was tripped. Coincidence or related somehow?    Have you verified that everything else that uses 120v is working?  Does the a/c fan run without the compressor chilling, or simply not run at all. Any sound at all when you try to start the a/c?

The thermostat was clicking like it was telling a/c to come on but no fan or compressor. I am at repair shop and a wire was fried. Earlier in the week I thought I smelled something burning. Checked a/c but it did not feel hot or anything. Never smelled anything after that. Worked 4 more days and just happened to die when I boiled kettle dry while running generator. It?s fixed which is great because I am in Tennessee and it?s hot and muggy. Thanks for your responses.

This place is an RV park named Parker?s Crossroads RV Park and campgrounds in Tennessee. They have a service department as well. The tech came and fixed it at campsite. He thought the connections were loose and showed me the wiring that was burned. Had it fixed in about one hour. Charged 82 dollars including tax. He checked the thermostat as well. Very nice campground and a good service department as well. Found them on Coleman Mach service locator.  Needless to say I?m quite pleased.

Deb: "Had it fixed in about one hour. Charged 82 dollars including tax."

Wow!  Parker's is going on my "Keeper RV Parks" list.  If I am ever near Yuma,TN I'll sure stay there.  Here in Denver you'd have to put a "1" in front of that "82" ...... seriously.

Glad to hear you are good to go.  Safe travels........ ed s

debsmg said:
This place is an RV park named Parker?s Crossroads RV Park and campgrounds in Tennessee. They have a service department as well. The tech came and fixed it at campsite. He thought the connections were loose and showed me the wiring that was burned. Had it fixed in about one hour. Charged 82 dollars including tax. He checked the thermostat as well. Very nice campground and a good service department as well. Found them on Coleman Mach service locator.  Needless to say I?m quite pleased.

post a review at RVSERVICEREVIEWS.COM

Back
Top Bottom