5th wheel manufacturers that will alter floor plans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pghart01

I can't seem to find the perfect plan. Are there any manufacturers willing to alter their floor plans? Will any add, or more importantly, move slides outs to accommodate a desired floor plan?

Not likely unless your willing to spend $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ to get it. The engineering involved moving stuff around so simply cost prohibitive.  There are a few high end motor home builders thst do it.  But again your looking at a million dollars to start.

Welcome to the Forum!

Unfortunately, Donn is right.  I did not realize the price was quite that high.

Web sites like PPL.com which is a consignment site, show floor plans on the listing pages.  This makes it easy to view many different floor plans from a wide variety of manufacturers.  You may find a floor plan you like, and now know which manufacturer to look for.

I applaud your desire for the perfect floor plan.  It is a very critical factor in finding the camper that is right for you.

New Horizons and Spacecraft will modify floor plans.  Plan on spending $200,000 or more.

As Jeannine says, the custom builders will do it - that's why they exist.  Sometimes the changes are simple and not too expensive, but anything that requires much difference in plumbing or electrical wiring harness can quickly get cost prohibitive because the underlying structure changes are substantial. Differences in furnishings, cabinets, electronics, etc, not so much.

Moving the location of a slideout would fall into the $$$ category I would think

We chose a fiver that has the proper slide outs for the general layout we wanted. Most importantly, access to all facilities without moving the slides out while on the road, and opposing slides to maximize the feeling of space. We found what we wanted, but the furniture placement was not at all to our liking so we moved the dining table and two of the four chairs from the super slide to the back of the rig after moving one of the two recliners to the super slide (we removed the other recliner) and moved the kitchen counter extension 90 degrees so we do not need to take it down to extend the sleeper sofa as was in the original design.

Now our rig has a recliner and the sleeper sofa in a super slide facing the TV (perfect for me and the boss), the back end of the rig (with all the windows) has the table and two chairs (perfect for morning coffee and Internet browsing), and we can keep the kitchen counter extension up while the sleeper bed is being used. Right now the floor plan as we have created it is perfect for our preferences, and we could not be happier. Added benefit is that we now need do nothing extra to move in the slides - previously we needed to turn the recliners 90 degrees to close the slide.

I'd recommend seeking a rig that has the proper slide placement and general structural design, and then using your imagination on how you can rearrange the interior to your liking. The cost for us to create our dream rig was nothing, because we started with the basic structural arrangement we envisioned, and then simply moved the interior pieces to our preference.

I see why the masthead says this is the friendliest forum. I very much appreciate all the responses, and will continue my research with better understanding now. Thank you.

Peter Hart

What configuration are you looking for?  Even draw a picture and attach it, you never know someone might just have that rig!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom