Leveling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RockyFarmer

Do auto levelers need to be recalculated. Mine do not seem to be level. Close but noticeably out of level. It?s a power gear system. Also anybody know where the tank is?

Welcome to the Forum!

Yes, auto levelers do need recalibrated on occasion.  I am not familiar with the procedure, but check the owners manual or find one on line.  Other skater people should be along soon.  It would help if you would identify the brand of leveler.

I have a Valid Power Gear as well.  In travel mode it will list to the right.  When parked it will level pretty well.  I have read where they can be recalibrated but not have found out how to do it.  The "brain" on mine is located above the front axle.  I can see it, put getting to it without a grease pit is going to take a younger person than I.  Valid does have a tech line and they will try to help.  My system is air only, are you referring to an air tank or hydraulic oil?

My dash control doesn't have anything much for calibration.  It has a "travel" mode and a "parked" mode.  From the research I have done on the Valid system, they have had plenty of problems with the "brain" communicating with the sensors.  When in "parked" my coach is 1 degree out to the right side low.  When in travel, sometimes, it seems like 2-3 degrees out low to the right side.  When that happens we have to find a level place to stop, put the system in park and hit the auto switch and the coach levels, then we get going again.  PIA, but I guess it could be worse.

Ok, bummer on that then. I know the Valid Trueline system has a zero set function available via the dash panel, but I don't know about the other models.

We have always used a level to determine whatever adjustments we need.  I wouldn't take a chance if you have slides.  Don't know what kind of tolerance they have for not being level, but I wouldn't want want that was tweaked because of it. 

I have a set of bubble levels that are made for the purpose attached to the dashboard and drivers door that let me know immediately if the auto-level system has drifted out of calibration. The levels are calibrated as well, so I can easiy find a better spot on the site if needed to get within range of the levelers. If that's not possible, the levels also tell me how many inches of boards I need in each direction to get within range.

ZinLuvR said:
My dash control doesn't have anything much for calibration.  It has a "travel" mode and a "parked" mode.  From the research I have done on the Valid system, they have had plenty of problems with the "brain" communicating with the sensors.  When in "parked" my coach is 1 degree out to the right side low.  When in travel, sometimes, it seems like 2-3 degrees out low to the right side.  When that happens we have to find a level place to stop, put the system in park and hit the auto switch and the coach levels, then we get going again.  PIA, but I guess it could be worse.

First the Valid/PowerGear system does not control level going down the road.  That is done by the chassis ride height adjusters.
To reset level on the Valid/PowerGear system first manually level the coach. This is best done on a site that is as close to level as possible. Note use a 4 foot level to verify that the coach is level. check 3 places. front to back, side to side in the front and then side to side in the back.
Once the coach is level turn the panel off and then back on. To put the panel into "service mode" press ALL CORNERS RAISE and ALL CORNERS LOWER until the control beeps.
Release ALL CORNERS RAISE and ALL CORNERS LOWER and with 5 seconds press the FRONT LEFT LOWER to select the Zero Set function. This tells the system that the current position (manually leveled) is to be considered level
Setting Zero ( and the new "level" is now complete

This is from a T.I.P. sheet off the Powergear website.

ken

I have found that there is quite a bit out there on the web about the system.  Different years did different things and had different functions at the control.  Talking with the tech support at Valid, it seems 2009 was a change year for some functions.
I stand corrected on the ride height.  Talked with the service guys today and the ride height had a problem.  I'll check further into recalibration on the level system.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom